Plug on KLZE what is it for ? Electrical Connector/Sensor

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
zippodk

Plug on KLZE what is it for ? Electrical Connector/Sensor

Post by zippodk »

What does it do ... i dont have a plug for it ...
Last edited by zippodk on September 10th, 2006, 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I swear I just answered this question last night on another board.
zippodk

Post by zippodk »

lakersfan1 wrote:I swear I just answered this question last night on another board.
Yes but sorry it didn't help nothing to do with tranny.. the cable from the connection goes back to engine.

johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

possibly the knock sensor?

Looks like the wire runs in behind the intake. The plug for that is on the other side of the engine. Did you re-route that plug?

Its a PITA to do if you don't remove the intake manifold.
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

Thats the knock sensor. If your doing any 2.5l swap in an MX3 you need to pull the intake manifold unclip the wire from teh coolant hardline and route it to the otehr side. Where the coolant sensors are there a plug there for it.

or you can take it out all together and give it to me because i need one.

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
zippodk

Post by zippodk »

johnnyb wrote:possibly the knock sensor?

Looks like the wire runs in behind the intake. The plug for that is on the other side of the engine. Did you re-route that plug?

I used all the plugs on the other side to.. this getting weard... No it was on the engine when i got it... hmmm so its knock sensor?

What if I just leave it alone will ecu throw a code?
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

zippodk wrote:
johnnyb wrote:possibly the knock sensor?

I used all the plugs on the other side to.. this getting weard... No it was on the engine when i got it... hmmm so its knock sensor?

What if I just leave it alone will ecu throw a code?

theres gotta be another plug you're not seeing. The only thing i can think of is knock sensor. You should definately keep it or you'll have some problems.

its on the passenger side of the engine bay
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

looks like a coolant connection 2 me. is that not the second plug that doesn't get used?
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
zippodk

Post by zippodk »

V8KOMX3 wrote:looks like a coolant connection 2 me. is that not the second plug that doesn't get used?
Think its on the other side...

jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Both the Crankshaft Position Sensor and the Knock Sensor are grey connector types. The knock sensor has a 2 wire feed ( red and a black w/ white stripe I believe). Those 2 wires are encased in a very stronge shiny black sheathing leading to under the intake manifold. Check to see the number of wires are feeding that connector. If there are 3 instead of 2 than it's the Crankshaft Position sensor. In either case it needs to be routed to the cambelt cover side of the engine near the coolant filler body.

FWIW, for this thread to be of future use to someone in a similar situation, it would be better to select a more appropriate thread title. Perhaps something like "Unknown ZE Connector" , Unknown Sensor connector", ZE Electrical Connector" or something to that fashion.

Not to bash on the OP, but perhaps just to take the time for a more descriptive or accurate title name can make all the difference whe one is trying to find solutions via a search. The search only works as well as we label/title our threads.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
zippodk

Post by zippodk »

Crankshaft Position sensor is connected on left side so it cant be it...

Someone got wiring for 323f V6? I looked at mx3 wiring and its identical and used it as guide... just want to see if there are any differences..

thanks for the help.. i changed the name of thread..

Well engine works but not weary well dunno if it's the knock sensor that causes the problem or i screwed up with VRIS connections... Anybody got VRIS diagram for BA?
323f BA V6
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Look. Apparently, not matter what we say, you're going to say it's already hooked up and we're wrong. It doesn't sound like you're that concerned. We've all tried to tell you it's the knock sensor and you're still denying it, so don't know what else to tell ya.
zippodk

Post by zippodk »

lakersfan1 wrote:Look. Apparently, not matter what we say, you're going to say it's already hooked up and we're wrong. It doesn't sound like you're that concerned. We've all tried to tell you it's the knock sensor and you're still denying it, so don't know what else to tell ya.
Thats why i asked if somebody had electrical/VRIS wiring for BA because there is apparently no Knock Sensor on KFZE engine/ecu... I want to be shore that i hooked the connections right to check/see if engine can run without it... And report back so that others can see this and help them.... nothing to do that i don't care what you say I appriciate the help alot.
323f BA V6
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

[quote="zippodk"]
Thats why i asked if somebody had electrical/VRIS wiring for BA because there is apparently no Knock Sensor on KFZE engine/ecu... [quote]

Then someone cut it. All K series have a knock sensor bung under the plate under the intake manifold.
jimbotj

Post by jimbotj »

I just did a KLZE swap last month and ran into the same thing(almost certain that this is the same plug). This was my knock sensor plug(see if you can't follow that wire down toward the valley....right about center, under the fuel rail) and, with a very long screwdriver, I was able to thread it through, over the fuel rail, to bring it out to the front of the engine where my original K8 knock sensor was connected. There's a plastic clip for the wire down in the middle which will also slide towards the front and give you the play you need to get it all the way over with plenty of slack.
'93 MX-3 KLZE w/MS8 IM, underdrive pulley, Thermoblok spacers, CAI. ATX

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”