My seats are getting reupholstered

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
illapino

My seats are getting reupholstered

Post by illapino »

on Sept 18th it begins but still want to reach out to other options for fabric. I've had the shop order in red tweed but i turn this choice over in my mind often. Tweed is around $900 to do the front seats, while leather is around $1500 which deters me from choosing leather. But other than tweed (and please other than Suede!) what other fabrics are out there? I'm having real trouble finding even picures of red tweed front seats, there actually are none, so I guess that's why i keep changing minds looking for other options, ones that i could possibly actually see before i spend a grand to have them made ... help me out
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

What fabric did Taras use?
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?
verzutiko
Supporting Member

Post by verzutiko »

Bling Bling wrote:What fabric did Taras use?
I believe Bucket and Benches, the company were Taras got his re-upholstery, used tweed. It looks really good.
'92 GS
My worklog
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

A popular one seems to be Sunbrella, which is an outdoor furiture upholstery company. You can order a sample card from Seattle fabric with every single color on it. I don't think they have straight red though. Just make sure you get the upholstery grade, and not the awning grade. One of the two vendors I bought my Sunbrella off on eBay tried to pass off the awning stuff. The awning stuff retails for $10 a yard, whereas the upholstery grade is $25 a yard.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Check out http://www.garysupholstery.com they have a huge selection of of leather and vinyl. Not so much cloth, but a good selection. I'd also look for a fabric called alacantara (sp?). It is what modern expensive sports cars and race cars use. It is soft, doesn't heat up like leather or vinyl and holds you in the seat much better than fabric or vinyl. It is likely going to be expensive though.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
illapino

Post by illapino »

verzutiko wrote:
Bling Bling wrote:What fabric did Taras use?
I believe Bucket and Benches, the company were Taras got his re-upholstery, used tweed. It looks really good.
i heard of them.
and how they did the inside of a 2006 Civic Si at Honda City here.
i'm dealing with Styles Upholstery downtown though ...
don't know the difference ...
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

jeeze, you should've took advantage of the group buy taras was a part of awhile back. I forget who made them but they were asking around 1200 for the front seats, door inserts, and rear seats plus the panels on the side in the rear too. leather was a few hundred more but regardless I would contact Taras or ovendek(sp) about it if you're insterested. Maybe whoever made them would be interested in making a set for you.
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
illapino

Post by illapino »

surprisingly i've never seen Taras' car in the city. There is a silver Precidia that has black altezza's, but upon seeing that the headlights weren't halo projectors, i decided it wasn't him. anyway i can handle this. i've bugged taras too much with emails as is a few months ago. heh heh heh

prepare for the first red k-max mx-3
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... e9c304b4b2

There's the reupholstery GB incase you would be interested

http://www.wyldsidetech.com/mxwest/memb ... file.shtml

And there's Taras' interior for an example or just to give you some ideas.
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
illapino

Post by illapino »

yes, i know i know. i've seen all that
but strange that out of all the mx-3's in the city, i've never seen that one ...

:?:
sampsonmx3sv

Post by sampsonmx3sv »

Do you want stock, you can get racing seats like Tenzo or other non-sparco brand for about 275 a piece.
93 gsr,KLZE with millenia intake, phenolic spacers, HKS intake, limitedslip-auto to manual conversion,centerforce clutch, 75hp NOS wet kit, MSD with blaster coil, white gauges, pacesetter shortshifter, Tenzo seats, lowered 2 inches, Konig Traffik white rims, cat back exhaust
illapino

Post by illapino »

stock 92 seats.

newer precidias (94-96?) don't know what im talking bout

stock 92 GS seats are gooooood

8)
sampsonmx3sv

Post by sampsonmx3sv »

Do they refoam them. My stock 93 seats were not the most comfortable?
93 gsr,KLZE with millenia intake, phenolic spacers, HKS intake, limitedslip-auto to manual conversion,centerforce clutch, 75hp NOS wet kit, MSD with blaster coil, white gauges, pacesetter shortshifter, Tenzo seats, lowered 2 inches, Konig Traffik white rims, cat back exhaust
Lookwuticando

Post by Lookwuticando »

I just hate the stains & cigarrette holes on my green fabric...I'm thinking I'll just recover that part
92 MX-3 RS
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

illapino wrote: stock 92 GS seats are gooooood

8)
I would of agreed before i got rear ended. The lumbar support bruised my spine really badly, i don't know why. The foam is really warn out i guesse, but it really fucked me up. Look to get some extra padding there.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2

Return to “Appearance”