5 lbs boost + mecanical fmu + maual timing change BUT..

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
oh-hell

5 lbs boost + mecanical fmu + maual timing change BUT..

Post by oh-hell »

My car still isnt quite done yet. After all the crud ive tryed im going with a macanical fmu. Question is what do i set the timing to on my ZE and with grounding the 10 pin wont the ecu just change my settings? Another stuped question is where is everyone running their bov and wastegate lines? To be honest im very uncomfortable running these lines with what little i know. If someone could help out i can make the trck tommarow.IF BOOOM goes my engine than i go back to the 2.5 bp with nothing and just drive this dam thing but lets have fun trying.
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

What temperature plugs are you running?? Spark plugs are important...

And the wastegate and BOV lines are ran to any place on the Intake manifold after the Throttle Body. Anywhere is fine. Most people run them off either the one right after the TB or one of the lines on the passenger side. Doesn't matter, just T one off a couple times for the BOV and Wastegate and make sure not to pinch the lines at all.
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

are you saying to run the wg and bov together? also my wg has 2 lines one on top and one bottom witch one goes to the IM?
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

plugs are splitfires but they are standard heat, none of the parts stores knew what ones to give me to run them colder. Also what should i set my timing to?
andy

Post by andy »

I'm assuming you have an external WG. Most turbos come with a nipple,
run your hose from that nipple to the side of the WG. My Turbo didn't have a nipple so I drilled and tapped mine for one. As for the nipple on top of the WG, leave alone.
Bov, run that into any vacuum port on the intake after the TB.

set the timming to stock. Without an aftermarket standalone to run things your ecu is just going to go to 10deg's anyways.

I don't like the split fires, let us know how they workout. don't forget to regap them to .032"

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

5 lbs of boost and no timing change? and y the regap?

Return to “Forced Induction”