KLZE In a 4cyl?

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MX3Project2006

KLZE In a 4cyl?

Post by MX3Project2006 »

Went out and bought a 92 MX3 with a 4cyl. My question is that can a klze fit into it? There is not alot of info on this topic if so please help. Looking for the best engine swap and all the info you have on it. Or is this car a waste of time and money?
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Your answer is yes it will fit.. however.. you claim there is not a lot of information on this.. you are incorrect. This topic has been covered more times than I have hair on my head so maybe you should try searching a bit harder. The engine bay is the same size for ALL versions of the MX3. But there are a lot of reasons why you shouldnt put a V6 into a 4 cyl car. Searching will reveal more details. A more appropriate powerplant for a 4 cyl MX-3 would be a Turbocharged BP engine. Good luck and happy researching :D

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

u most have not serch enough like maybe here http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewforum.ph ... 481dc62fa3 and maybe this http://www.atlantamx3.com/mocaforum/vie ... 07fecde92b

even this guy did this on a MX-3 http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=50776 but that mx-3 had a lot on money invested in it.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

your best bet is a n/a bp out of a 94 protege. you will need the ecu with this. and then turboing it seperate. the bpt heads that come stock with turbo flow very very poorly. so no bpt is not the best motor. a bp is and then doing your own bigger than stock turbo for less price.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Which ends up being a Turbocharged BP engine as I stated above.. I didnt NOT say a bpt or BPT engine. :roll:

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
mazdamx3sohc

Post by mazdamx3sohc »

yeah, but its hard to find a bp that has a turbo on it already, unless your going bpt.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”