Gauge Problems

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
gkjb00

Gauge Problems

Post by gkjb00 »

ok ive searched all morning and i havnt found exactly wat im looking for so if any1 can help me or send me to a good thread that would be great.

ok so i installed these glow gagues of ebay i dont remeber what kind of gauges they are but the problem's not with them glowing that works just fine. ok so when i went to install them i pulled off the needles bc i couldnt figure out how to slip them over bc of the back lip of the needle. but anyway i reinstalled my cluster and now all of my gauges are off. all the needles are down when the key is off but when i turn it on the speedo jumps up to 30 and the tach did jump up to 3 but i broke the tach needle when i tried to reinstall it the 2nd time and both the temp and gas needles jump all the way up. now i thought that when i installed the needles back the 1st time that i just put them back on in the wrong place so i took them off again and tried to install them at 0 and that didnt work.

so i dunno if i screwed up the whole cluster or what. is there some way to get those needles to work rite or am i gona have to get a new cluster???
92 MX-3 V6 GS
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

The problem is that the install doesn't (shouldnt) require you to remove the needles, and the needles don't like to be removed for exactly that reason.

The only way I would know to fix it is to remove the needles and try to put them back in the orientation they need to be at, and I don't beleve that will be easy.

Considering you broke a needle, and all your guages are now messed, you'll need to get a second cluster for the needles, so you might as well transplant that one over.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”