Do i Buy this car..??

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Ahmed

Do i Buy this car..??

Post by Ahmed »

Hi every one, I am new to this forum and i would like to have a question, I realy appriciate if you help me ,

I was going to buy my first car , and one day saw this car in a dealer shop, the only car realy attracted me was this sports Mazda MX-3 1993 Model, i realy liked it. it was $1100 and i was not ready that time.

After three weeks i passed the dealershop and saw the car, no body bought it then i went to talk to the dealer and asked the price he told me if i pay 800$ it is mine(not recognizing me), then I asked my self is there any major problems with the car , he told me it nice car and running well but has only Oil likeage and can be fixed with 65$
he told me also that he can't give me any guarantee even one day, so drove it and tested seamed normal, he said i can drive for five minutes like that, and i can't take to mechanic to check it out..?

I am not good at cars neither my friends do i buy this car, do you think it is reliable car?

Thank You
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I think it seems extremely shady that he specifically said you can not take it some where to have them look at it. That should definatly be a clue that something is wrong. You should grad a friend that knows about cars and take him to look at it. If it passes his inspection than for 800 bucks i would say jump on it. Mx-3s are hard to come by. How many miles are on the car? auto or manual?

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

If you dont know anything about cars, its not for you
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Ahmed

Post by Ahmed »

It is Around 125,000, and the transmision is manual , the engine is V.6 it is MX-3 GS, it has every thing from Sun roof to Streo systems.

It has an inspection which will be valid till June 2007, but I heard there is Black market inspection, you just pay extra money and you get the inspection letter without inspection or any thing,

So what do you think guys, does this kind of car has any major mechinical problems?
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I think if you can talk this guy down at all it would help. But since its a manual and only 125k on the motor i think it should be a decent deal for the money. If everything works on the car and its in good condition i would buy the car. Can you ask the guy where it is leaking oil? My guess is the rear valve cover gasket since that is a common problem on this car.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
state_red

Post by state_red »

Ahmed wrote: So what do you think guys, does this kind of car has any major mechinical problems?
Well use some common sense here Ahmed. If I was told by a dealer that I couldn't have anyone look at the car and I wouldn't be guaranteed even one day once I leave the lot, I would pick up and move on. Remember that most used car dealers are the scum of the earth. $950 for the car seems like a great deal, since they normally go for much more than that, so that tells me there is something seriously wrong with it. I mean, I've test driven cars that "need a little tune up" where by that, they actually mean that the engine has a blown head gasket and needs a $2000 repair. Dealers should know what the car is worth, and they usually rely on knowing more about cars than the buyers, so if it seems to be too good to be true, it likely is.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

sell it to me, whatever is wrong i would simpky klze it :D :P lol u really have to be determined ..mx3 is not usually a reliable car IF you drive it like hell? this one for 800.. i would take it because i have tons of mechanical knoledge.. i can pretty much rewire the whole car.. thats the most hardest part. engine and transmission is a piece of cake. Get someone that knows about cars to look at it. You never know.. maybe other people think the same as us and the car is good but hes just having a hard time selling it.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

A couple of black flags here. It has an oil leak. OK, our cars has them, no biggie. When he said it's an easy fix, $65. He's lying. If it was that, wouldn't you think he would fix it? Then the car would be worth more, and he can talk you into a higher price.

Then there's $800. He said he would sell you it for that. Think about the profit that he's getting. Also, what he probably bought the car for. Sounds like he bought the car not working, and through in some quick repairs to sell. That would tell us why he doesn't want you to take it in. That's your final black flag, not letting you take the car for an inspection. He probably doesn't want the shop to find out the car is illegal to drive on public roads.

The independent car lots are the worst. They totally scam people. The last time I went there, looking for a car for my girlfriend. Saw a car, found out it needed a tranny. I'm thinking, why are you selling a car that needs a tranny on a lot? Then he's like, "don't worry, I'll put a new one in." Which of course is a used one, not new. He's like, "when you buy the car, I'll put the tranny in." I said, I'll buy it after you put the tranny in, so I could check it to see if it was new or not. The guy wouldn't do it. Shows you that they only put money in those cars to sell, not to work for a long period of time.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”