Front Speaker Installation question

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
permic7

Front Speaker Installation question

Post by permic7 »

I am installing new front speakers, which will connect to a amplifier located at the rear of the car. The only problem is, when I ran the wire to the front where the door is I cannot find a way to run the wire from inside of the car into the inside of the door. There is some sort of harness inbetween the door and the car which connects the power window and etc. Does anyone know how I can run this wire into the door? :?:
Mazdaracer

Post by Mazdaracer »

you can carefully drill out the plug to run your new speaker wire into the doors

or

you can grab another door plug from a j/y and remove the wires and pins and reuse them on your car for that factory touch. Yes, that adds a connection to the signal, but if you clean them up and use some electrical grease, you'll be fine.

post #10 shows where i added the pins
http://www.imazda.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67
THINK FAST, GO RACING!!
2004 Mazda6 Wagon
2004 Mazda3 Sedan
1990 BG8P Protege LX - KLZE - Race Preped - #98 SM - SCCA Solo2
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

do it the easy way connect the new amp wires to the factory wires going in to the door right before the plug it wont cause any problems thats how we did most of the amp installs in the shops i've worked in

reaper
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

there ARE holes in that plastic connector that aren't being used. drill them out bigger & run the wires through it.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Personally, I just tap into the stock wires at the CD player via a harness adapter so I don't have to ruin any stock wiring.
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

run a wire from the rear of the car to where your sterio resides, and connect them to the factory wires there.

or if its a 2 channel amp and you want to run all 4 speakers (no fade controll)

connect the wires to the rear speakers, leaving the origional wires pluged in, then behind your radio, splice together the left front and rear speaker wires, aswell as the right front and rear speaker wires.

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Mazdaracer wrote:you can carefully drill out the plug to run your new speaker wire into the doors

or

you can grab another door plug from a j/y and remove the wires and pins and reuse them on your car for that factory touch. Yes, that adds a connection to the signal, but if you clean them up and use some electrical grease, you'll be fine.

post #10 shows where i added the pins
http://www.imazda.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Cant see them without registering

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”