Installing alarms

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
XHurleyX

Installing alarms

Post by XHurleyX »

Ok i want an alarm for my mx3 and i was wondering should i install it my self or get a pro to do it, note i have no idea what i would do and how much to get a system installed in a car by a pro
-Simon-
reaper of souls

Post by reaper of souls »

get a pro places like future shop and best buy have life time warrenty on labour and this way if anything f 's up the money is coming out of thier pockets , alarms starting at $100-$400 installed , alarm starters start at $250 installed

Reaper
Greg
Image 96 X-90 4x4, 16v custom ram air intake lockers front and rear with 5.83 ring and pinion.
coindex

Post by coindex »

if you don't know anything about electronics and reading wire diagrams, do NOT try installing an alarm system yourself. You can easily fry the brain of the alarm very easily. One wrong connection and your screwed. Like buds said there, your better off just buying an alarm at future shop, best buy, or a place like crazy crazy where the install is usually with the price of the alarm.

I installed my first alarm, blew my brains (LOL) but my alarm was covered under warranty so I was able to get it replaced for free.
I blew mine by not installing a solenoid relay in between my starter kill and my starter wire which shot a wack load of power back to my brain frying it. Oh well things happen hehe

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”