oil on #2 plug

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
94blaze1.6

oil on #2 plug

Post by 94blaze1.6 »

So in my battle of crappy idle I have changed the plugs (amongst other things) and it turns out there's oil in on the #2 cylender (the other three were dry). Now i am sitting here and thinking what I am gonna do with this car... I have swaped a first gen integra engine into a first gen crx so I have a bit of experience with swaps but mind you that swap was notoriously easy. I know that if I am gonna get a new engine I am gonna build it b4 I put it in, so I can turbo it later or maybe nitrous (neither I have experience with). Should be an intersting winter for me lol... Anyway what do u guys suggest for swaps in terms of compatability? BTW the idle is still driving me nuts, the engine light keeps coming on... I took my car to auto value where they read codes for free but they couldn't plug into my car as they only have gm/ford plugs...Will go elsewhere tommorow.
95 RS so far just a paintjob, rims suspension next then turbo...
Image I have turbo dreams and detanation nightmares
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

It might be as simple as a bad Valve Cover Gasket (atleast mine was)
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

You dont need a code reader to read your CEL codes. Unless your MX is a 96 or newer. Just open the diagnostic box located in the engine bay near the firewall on the drivers side. Inside the lid you should see a diagram that will show you the pinouts. Use a jumper wire (paperclip works fine) and jumper pins TEN and GND. Then get in and turn your ignition key to the "Run" position. Then count the flashes that come from your CEL (Check Engine Light). Once you have your CEL codes.. you can look them up in the online shop manual to find out what is causing them.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”