What Engine Computer Are You Using.

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Cy

What Engine Computer Are You Using.

Post by Cy »

My Mx3 is on the road.. Now comes the motor build and eventual swap. It's going tobe a Friday Nite to Monday Morning thing so I'm buying everything now...

The ability to Live-Tune turns me to the USB equipped Greddy E-manage Ultimate Complete Package for around 1000-1200 CAD installed.. That is only out of the Lack of knowledge I have on the Haltec 6 series that alot of people seem to be steering me towards.. for around 1200-1300 CAD installed..

Questions:
-What Piggyback-ECU or Stand-Alone Fuel Management are you Running?
-Why did you choose it?
-How Easy was installation and setup?
-How easy are modifications to its settings?
-How does it perform?

If good responses are made I hope this could get Sticky'd to the 4cyl FAQ.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

Greddy E-manage Ultimate in my opionion is a peice of crap best way to dish out $$$$ and have it do less than a half a$$ job. OF course other people swaer its the best thing they invested there $$$ on. Greddy E-manage Ultimate is still a piggy-back and not a true stand-alone.

My opioion in Stand-Alone i go with a eletromotive TEC II or III

TEC II is a older version that can not be bought new anymore what ever is left out there is what ever u can get. seem them go for 500-1500 USD on e-bayl. i like it because its simple sort of easy to wire up given u know basics on wiring anything up. ecu and coil packs

Will post more info on what i was writing about got to go back to work.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
Rayted_m

Post by Rayted_m »

if i were you go with the haltech. easy to locate on ebay but expensive. range somewhere from 1200-1500
**~Rayted-M~**
Team **~N.M.E~**
**~CROWN LEGION~** Caloboration
MX-3 Civic head light conversion
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/688645

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”