Transfer shaft making very posible!

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
hgallegos915

Transfer shaft making very posible!

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ok guys i foudn this shaft we made for a compressor / metal saw we made a few eyars abck.. it barely hit me.

http://www.geocities.com/c00l.geo/wannabeshaft.jpg

OK YES my engine bay is crap.. i know that

YES the shaft is rusted because of being outside and yeah i made it..

but the principle is there.. two AC bearings from a hardwarestore, metal pipe and a metal sleeve. Nice pulleys and brackets should do the trick. As for the SS monting ill figure it out at the tie of making the shaft. I got tranny problems so i have to take care of that first. A ncie m40 would to the trick of simople 4- 8 psi :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

No way that will work Hector. I guess you weren't around when Jeff Abrams did his SC install. The shaft was the biggest issue. He ended up using aero grade bearings and aero/space grade grease to keep things lubed and cool. Then the shaft was custom machined to close tolerences so that the bearings wouldn't wear out.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmm ill try different bearings. Im visiting the shop this week.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hyperman

Post by hyperman »

The shaft is the biggest issue. It's the only thing I have to finish to complete my set-up. Currently i have bearing that are normally used for industrial purposes only. They can run up to 34.000 rpm and are specially made to work in +100 degrees Celsius.
daytona blue MX-3 2.5L V6 KL-ZE, KL31 ecu, koni lowered 40mm, freeflow exhaust system (decat), centerforge race clutch, cold air intake Dynamik, front and rear strut bars reactive, OBX race headers, Akebono pro act ceramic brake pads, Techna fit steel brake lines, zimmmerman crossdrilled rotors, reverse glow gauges, spinner gauges, topmix front lip, pakfeifer skirts, pakfeifer difussor, pakfeifer wing, inverted scoop bonnet , 17" bsa rims, etc
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

mrspeeds supercharger kit :) maybe you can just email them and see if they will just sell the shaft seperate

08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I did and got no response :( i think their site says not to do that.. i think they are no longer in bussiness.. i also asked them about the kit and got no response... maybe they dont like me? I want one :( i saw one today on a magazine from a vortech supercharger.. it had the transfer shaft on the supercharger itself.. i want one :( and yeah my bearing idea wont work because house ac systems are no9t designed to spin that fast.
-hec

ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

Here's a crazy redneck idea - how about mounting it on top of the manifold with a hole in the hood for it to poke thru - now it can suck in cool air, and it can be air cooled and you wont need a transfer shaft - just a long a$$ belt.....

maybe someone can even make a custom hood with a bump - like eclipses
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
n2ogsze

Post by n2ogsze »

Mnemonic wrote:mrspeeds supercharger kit :) maybe you can just email them and see if they will just sell the shaft seperate
That's a joke, right? They can't even fulfill their orders through Probetalk bulkbuys. When I say "they", I mean "him". It's a guy working out of his garage who has no business sense whatsoever.
T61 powered KLZE
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

why wouldnt that shaft be possible to make? hmmm imma keep searching.. i know ill get it right someday.. ive made custom applications to fit alternators in diff cars however in those cars i had room... in the mx3 room is so limited..
-hec

MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

Isnt there enough room to put it where the AC compressor is ? I mean a smaller charger like the m65 should fit then just get a custom pulley made for the belt
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D
hyperman

Post by hyperman »

the supercharger isn't the problem. The piping is once you fit the supercharger you have no room to put piping. The only solution would be a civic rad and let the piping run next to the rad.
to give an indication about the transfershaft together woth the bearinghouses. Here are some pics of the one i'm making.
daytona blue MX-3 2.5L V6 KL-ZE, KL31 ecu, koni lowered 40mm, freeflow exhaust system (decat), centerforge race clutch, cold air intake Dynamik, front and rear strut bars reactive, OBX race headers, Akebono pro act ceramic brake pads, Techna fit steel brake lines, zimmmerman crossdrilled rotors, reverse glow gauges, spinner gauges, topmix front lip, pakfeifer skirts, pakfeifer difussor, pakfeifer wing, inverted scoop bonnet , 17" bsa rims, etc
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

Well Heck I am gonna be the one who stands buy you I guesse wether it works or not. Good luck and keep us posted. I was working on sc kit for my car till my engine and clutch craped out, but soon it will be back in production.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

hyperman wrote: Image
i see one majour problem with this, the resinating frequency of a shaft this long is going to be quite low, wich means you might run into problems with the shaft shaking itsself to pieces.

you may want to concider adding a thrid bearing in the middle to effectivly double the resinate frequency.putting it out of your rpm range.

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hey if you get it working right!!! sell me one :)

yeah it needs some strenghtening but WOW im impressed..thats a pretty nice prototype.. you have GOT TO SELL ME ONE :D thats the ONLY think stoipping me fom supercharging :)
-hec

MazdaManiacMx3
Supporting Member

Post by MazdaManiacMx3 »

[quote="hyperman"]the supercharger isn't the problem. The piping is once you fit the supercharger you have no room to put piping. The only solution would be a civic rad and let the piping run next to the rad.
to give an indication about the transfershaft together woth the bearinghouses. Here are some pics of the one i'm making.
/quote]

Well than why not just remove the rad fans and remove the ac to put Pusher fans on the front , or run the piping below the exhaust rad section where there is a larger gap , if there is heat transfer problems with the exhaust tig weld a aluminum headshied on the intercooler piping to properly shield the heat from the intercooler piping . Just an idea
Kris
93 Kandy Tangerine Mx3 GS-DE
05 Saab 9-2x (Wrx power plant)
02 Subaru Impreza OBS
05 Subaru forester Xt - sti mods
04 dodge ram - toy hauler -FOR SALE
& Lots of Toys to haul :D

Return to “Forced Induction”