History of this IM??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

History of this IM??

Post by jschrauwen »

Anyone familiar with the history or story behind this IM?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Wasnt that the IM that was selling for like $600?
Dont know much about IMs but it sure does look poorly constructed.
I cant really imagine the air flow being good ether because the runners arent even curved.
Im probably wrong on that though
I have seen many IMs for Mustangs and all the runners and such are nicely curved. Hell, I even got to put a IM on a 5.0.
I wonder what are the diamters of each runner on that IM compared to the stock runners.

Oh yeah, that IM has no VRIS. Only good for forced induction from what i remember hearing. Supposebly, it gives a extra 20hp or 25hp or something
I think that is also with a 67mm throttle body
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
lakersfan1

Re: History of this IM??

Post by lakersfan1 »

jschrauwen wrote:Anyone familiar with the history or story behind this IM?
When you find Peter Pan, you'll find that intake manifold.
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Thats a pic of the prototype CZT intake manifold. With a 67mm TB it allegedly made 40whp or so, but the group buy never materialized and the company is dead basically. So in short, you'll never have that IM, it IS history.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

yeah its the czt prototype with brutal welds :lol: A few months back the owner was selling it on mx6.com for an outrageous price.... not sure who ended up with it
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
vasilaar

Post by vasilaar »

even if that IM added hp... i don't think i would even want it.... i mean its an interesting idea, but that one looks ghetto fabulous and a half... i wouldn't want that thing under my hood... lol
:lol:
Drive it like you stole it.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The welds on the runners cracked every time he tried to use it. You cannot weld a D shape piece of metal (the runners) shodily. Anyway, good thing he never made them since the real dyno showed no improvement in power and it was a piece of crap with terrible welds. The "dyno" he posted was some sort of computer generated graph, not a dyno sheet. What a hoser. :roll:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
mx almere

Post by mx almere »

JWMX3 wrote:yeah its the czt prototype with brutal welds :lol: A few months back the owner was selling it on mx6.com for an outrageous price.... not sure who ended up with it
I had it in my hands two weeks ago. The new owner is a dutch guy. You might have seen him in the vid racing a skyline.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Our cars have a lower intake manifold, right? Maybe if he constructed that IM right (good welding, mandrel bends) and made a lower IM we would see actual gains
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

What it looks like now.
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

Another pic of what it looked like in later stages.

Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Custommx3 wrote:Another pic of what it looked like in later stages.

Now that looks like it can add some 15whp
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
Custommx3
Site Administrator

Post by Custommx3 »

This one added 25 Hp.
Teqnyck

Post by Teqnyck »

I don't mean to sound stupid, but I've always wondered why all aftermarket IMs for the KL engines have seperate plenums for front and back banks. it seems like it would be easier to make a box that sits on top of the engine, with 6 runners coming out of it. No?
KLZE/KL31 ecu/Pacesetter headers/track pipe cat delete/2.5 inch custom exhaust out to fart pipe/warm air intake for now :(/Fidanza 9lbs flywheel/Stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch which still slips/stock wheels/BFG KDW-2 tires. Looks bone stock ;)

There are those who claim to be street racers, and then there are those who claim the streets for themselves. I am not a street racer. I am a StreetSweeper.
http://www.streetsweepersracing.com
Steeb

Post by Steeb »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:

Now that looks like it can add some 15whp
this one kind of looks like mici's twin turbo mx6. i dont know if im spelling mici correctly but i remember before czt came out with that intake manifold design mici already had one custom made to go with the tt setup.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”