Intercooler Nitrous

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
93_4Banger

Intercooler Nitrous

Post by 93_4Banger »

Whats everyones oppinions on this? and how much are you going to gain from having this?
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Im assuming your talking about an intercooler sprayer. I would think that it would work quite well. You see when people are drag racing that occasionally someone with CO2 fire extinguisher sprays the intercooler just before the person takes off. Driving on a cold night as opposed to a hot day is very noticeable power wise. Id like to try it and see. If you get your intake temps down to 5 or 10 degrees there would be good gains.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

I just finished making one for my car. I also have temp senders on the in and out of my intercooler...I will post how well it works!!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

It depends largely on both your IC and your Turbo, as in how well they are matched. You'll see huge gains on undersized or poor effeciency IC's. Typically you'll see around 1HP for every -10*F you produce.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

on average most high boosted guys see an increase of exactly 50 whp, on the dyno. on average!
xmaster19

Post by xmaster19 »

Actually, it's a 1% gain for each 10F degree drop. I agree that on 100 hp 4 cyl. 1%=1hp :P
92 MX-3 RS RIP

94 MX-3 RS Black
Project car, hybrid B5-ZET build-up.
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

well my Turbo BP MX-3 is going to be more than 100hp sooo thats good

Return to “Forced Induction”