Turboing 94 RS

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
integrator

Turboing 94 RS

Post by integrator »

I plan on turboing my 94 BP swapped RS sometime this summer. Would it be worth it to buy a complete running 88-89 323 GT if I can pick one up for about $300 CAD. I was thinking I could get quite a few parts off this car to start my project but since I can't use the ECU among other things I'm not quite sure if it is worth it. I'm not necessarily needing to run the most reliable set up right off the block since the car is mainly a project and doesn't ever need to be driven to work etc.

I've been thinking about this for a few days. Might be better to rebuild the engine in that and swap it into the RS. I don't know. Looking to here from you guys.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

the 88-89 mazda 323 gtx is a 1.6 dohc and u say u have a 94 swap with a 1.8 BP dohc. exhaust manifolds are diffrenet bewteen 1.6 & 1.8 dohc. but i buy the 323 gtx just cuase its cheap and a GTX.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
integrator

Post by integrator »

Yeah, I figured that was the case. I will probably take a look at the car anyway.
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

there are 1.8 liter gtxs and gtr manifolds you can get, You can also get the gtr intake manifold and the gtx turbo is fairly easy to get. Get a GTX ecu if you ever do this. Corksport will you give you all the info you need for the swap.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/

Return to “Forced Induction”