Next Problem.... with clutch..

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
kljordan

Next Problem.... with clutch..

Post by kljordan »

ok so it has been about 5 months without problems after i got my clutch replaced... however yesterday i was driving and my car just stuck in first. I couldnt get it out at all... just idled down and then died. I can drive the car but sometimes the clutch will not respond at all, also my peddle got really soft there is virtually little to no resistance. Any ideas on what this could be? Also if i just start up the car and sit put the car in first it will be fine.. however if i tap to gas just to rev the motor the clutch will stay engaged and just idle down and die. Please respond quickly i need to get back out on the road. Thanks in advance
KLZE, CAI, 2.5" Exhaust No Cat(Thank God for IN no emissions test), Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, JDM MX-6 Tranny, K801 ECU, JE50 MAF
kljordan

Post by kljordan »

by the way... i have the ZE along with the JDM MX-6 tranny with a Centerforce dual friciton clutch.. Specs are always nice :PP
KLZE, CAI, 2.5" Exhaust No Cat(Thank God for IN no emissions test), Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch, JDM MX-6 Tranny, K801 ECU, JE50 MAF
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

did u try bleeding the clutch line? there might be air in the lines?
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
kljordan

Post by kljordan »

we just checked on it and it just seems like its just losing pressure.
Not sure what would be causing the pressure loss however.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well if its loosing poressure, its possibly the slave cylinder.. thats has gone out on me twice.. i made a habbit of just simply getting a new one every change (45 dllrs new) ive only changed it twice but its gone out on me on other cars. the master cyl has never gone out on me.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Check your throwout bearing maybe?
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

slave cyl.......check your brake fluid level. pump the clutch and see if it leaks.

(i had to make it to my mechanics place w/o using the clutch cuz mine wouldn't release at all....hate red lights)
kljordan

Post by kljordan »

well i have replaced my throwout, slave, and master cylinders all when i did my clutch replacement. So these shouldnt be bad or at least they better not be.... Like i said these were all replaced in january. I have had a couple of people tell me that i may just have to adjust my clutch pedal. Not so sure though i am going to try that later tonight when i get back home. Also the brake and clutch lines run from the same reservoir correct?
If so i dont see any leaking from there at all.
kljordan

Post by kljordan »

come on please any insight on this at all would be great
wagZE

Post by wagZE »

Check your cluctch pedal height on the pedal assembly, click the link under "technical info" on the mx3.com home page that says "online shop manual". Go to "Clutch" then H-006. you'll see the pokey thing that pushes in the master cylinder (its labeled "D") adjust it ( there's a nut there) so it pushes in far enough if it doesn't than its like you're never really pushing your clutch in as far as you should be. I had the same problem on my old gs. good luck.
1 mx6 88 LX auto 2.2l 4cyl
2 mx6 93 LS saved from junkyard SOLD
3 Mx6 96 M edition blow a ze part it
4 Mx6 96 gold LS paint n lights auto SOLD
5 mx6 red fresh paint clean, sold
1 mx3 92rs sohc auto rota c8s h&r
2 mx3 93 gsze bought w/ mods
3 mx3 93 GSze mtx swp act stg3 str8 nek im eibach kl36
4 mx3 GS SOLD-
6 mx3 white gs jdm swap'd SOLD
*5th mx3 blk GS clean title modded DD*
1 PGT 97 blk, garaged clean sold
2 pgt primered 5 spd KL SOLD
kljordan

Post by kljordan »

damn it i get down there and i can not get the screw loose to get in there its in such an awkward place. Anyways its late and im going to try that when i get up tomorrow thanks for the insight. I tried adjusting the height of the pedal but that do any good. So that is my next hope. Thanks for the help and if anyone else comes up with anything let me know.
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

ok, things to check are....

your brake fluid resivor level.
the hydrolic clutch line, check for leaks in it
check for leaks in the slave cylinder.
if that all seems ok, bleed the slave cylinder, it takes alot of bleeding, do it by just opening the bleed screw and letting gravity do the work, DO NOT press on the peddle. use enough fluid so that CLEAN fluid is comming out.

if its still not working, have someone watch the slave cylinder while you push down the clutch. if it moves out, then slowly moves back in, there is a leak some where, if it wasent in any of the above mentiond areas, its probably your master cylinder.

if it moves out, but not at a constant speed, (ie sticks then moves out quickly) you still have air in the line, bleed it some more.

Let me know if this donest work and il look into it a bit more.

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

Bochek said what I had in mind. Check the rubber clutch line hose for leaks
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
noreaga0221

Post by noreaga0221 »

kljordan wrote:come on please any insight on this at all would be great

What else do you want? Someone to come fix your car for you?

Did you check the slave or master cyclinders for fluid leakage? My guess is not. That will explain the lose of pressure.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

If there is a problem with the hydraulic system(which sounds like that is the case) then it HAS to be leaking. Check for brake fluid inside the car under the clutch pedal, usually if the master cylinder is leaking you will find it in there. Have someone pump the clutch and look at the slave cylinder and see if you can spot a leak. If there is no leaks in either of those then check the clutch line which runs from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder for leaks.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”