Body kits

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
XHurleyX

Body kits

Post by XHurleyX »

Ok lets talk body kits well for starters what do u have to do when u get a body kit can u just put it on and start driving or do u have to do some modifications to it.
-Simon-
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Depends on the kit and manufacturer. Some come pre drilled. but its best to get a non predrilled kit so you can get better fitment with it.
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

My drift kit was a complete arse to get on. It was a poor fitment... especially the rear bumper!

The front valance was incredibly hard to mount as i didnt have much places to mount it to, and the skirts needed a lot of sanding to get sitting right.

I feel pretty safe saying 9/10 fibreglass bodykits will require a lot of work to get to fit nice.

You also have to think about spraying and prepping. All fibreglass kits have lots of air built up in between the layers of fibreglass. Long process of going through the whole kit picking out the air bubbles and filling them with fibreglass. Next step is to get it flat which they never are and finally proper sanding and stoppering all the pin holes!

It may at first sound like a quick and easy job, but when you see the amount of work required you will soon realise!
Bling Bling

Post by Bling Bling »

And let's not forgoet, the ammount of money to invest in prepping, painting, and mounting. I too have the drift kit and it took 10 hours alone just to get the front fitted perfectly...and then still having the occasional pinhole.

Ask around about the kits to see which ones fit better than others. The eurathane kits also have mosre flex in them allowing the parts to bend. But would require some type of "flex" paint applied.

A kit for 300 dollars might be a good deal but you need to reallize what kind of work is going to be required!!

Yes the look of the kit is awesome, but at a financial investment!!
Stacy Whitrick
MX-West Calgary
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/1335558 UPDATED June 6,07
94 GS, Green Envy Pearl QUESTION: Does my car fit the RICE category?

Return to “Appearance”