clear side markers

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
jamestakay

clear side markers

Post by jamestakay »

i know that i've seen some guys have the front clear markers on the side, but i just can't find any. i see on ebay they have the front markers for signals, but i was wondering if they also made them for the rear markers?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Yes and No.

I believe technically there isn't, but those do have the, get them from the Miata. My memory may be wrong on that, but in either case, they don't fit 100% perfect, the bottom part of the marker doesn't fit flush, sticks out a few milimeters, but can be trimmed to fit, but most don't, why I don't know, maybe it's difficult, I don't know, but that's what I know.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Yes and No.

I believe technically there isn't, but those do have the, get them from the Miata. My memory may be wrong on that, but in either case, they don't fit 100% perfect, the bottom part of the marker doesn't fit flush, sticks out a few milimeters, but can be trimmed to fit, but most don't, why I don't know, maybe it's difficult, I don't know, but that's what I know.
You memory is 100% right. Only one side of the marker is off, and it's only off by about 2mm, so you can only tell if your head is about a foot away. I haven't trimmed mine down yet because i'm lazy and it's not like it looks bad.
jamestakay

Post by jamestakay »

what year miata is it from? thanks.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

jamestakay wrote:what year miata is it from? thanks.
http://www.rspeed.net/miata/item.asp?de ... od=602-150
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
reprobation

Post by reprobation »

Have you tried corksport.com yet?

If your talking about the side marker that is behind the front side marker/turn signal - then corksport has one for around 35 i believe..its what i currently have on my car - direct bolt up with lense and housing - not moding need it.

-Chris
1994 RS DOHC, Modified Cold Air Intake, Clear Corners all around, Black Altezza Tail lights. Blue cold cathodes in driver / passenger foot areas. Lowerd on Evotion Springs (1.75 drop F/R) with KYB GR2 struts. Sitting on 17x7 (40 mm offset) 5 Spoke rims with KUHMO 205/40/R17 Tires.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/807557

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”