550 Whp MX-3 (aka Mad max-3)

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
SrAGoot

550 Whp MX-3 (aka Mad max-3)

Post by SrAGoot »

How is every body doing? I’m new to this forum but i'm not new to the
mx-3. Let me introduce myself my name is sonny and i’m building me a daily driver monster. The projected HP for my mx-3 is about 550 at the wheels and 400+ ft-lb of torque; ill have more info for the community about my build if anybody is interested about my method of doing this. My set budget is $10,000 and i’m documenting every aspect of the build as a guideline to anybody that is interested. Ill will have pictures up soon of my mx-3 and i’m also building a web page on cardomian. I just basically wanted to introduce myself and outline my car build, thanks for everybody’s time. Email me if anybody is intrigued. Thanks.

Here’s the link of my baby as of right now. When i have a chance to make a web page and actually put all the pictures ill let the community know. http://www.myspace.com/sonnypg

"lofty power goals" if any body is thinking that; I already tore down the 2.5 kl and it’s on its way to the machinist for work and refurbishing. The turbo will be a rear mounted turbo ( http://www.ststurbo.com/f_a_q ) eliminating the room and heat factor which kills power, also it will look stock to most people that aren’t mechanically inclined.

Ill have more numbers for you guys soon; not to put my foot in my mouth but this probably will be the most powerfull mx-3 made with out a sponsor. Thanks.
I love my mx-3 it's a head turner, if I wanted to be like every one else I could of bought me a honda.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Nice ride man! Just to let you know 99 percent of the rides here have no sponsors..
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

550whp daily driven ? sorry man to bust your bubble. I don't think it's going to happen.
you'll see that past 400whp things break easily. Maybe a drag car yes. not near a daily driver. I've been there and it's one week in the garage, 2 on the road then another week in the garage.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: 550 Whp MX-3 (aka Mad max-3)

Post by cjthor »

SrAGoot wrote:

"lofty power goals" if any body is thinking that; I already tore down the 2.5 kl and it’s on its way to the machinist for work and refurbishing. The turbo will be a rear mounted turbo ( http://www.ststurbo.com/f_a_q ) eliminating the room and heat factor which kills power, also it will look stock to most people that aren’t mechanically inclined.
Good luck mounting a turbo under your car and running the intake pipe allllllll the way back to the front. I could barely fit a 3 inch exhaust under my car...let alone a turbo capable of supporting your horsepower goals and a return intake pipe.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”