A weekend with the cops....

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
hgallegos915

A weekend with the cops....

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ok.. for some reaosn mx3 attracts cops.. we were driving and for NO reason a cop busted a u turn.. turned the lights on me..i pulled over..then he just turned them off and made a turn.. ok... went to a bazaar a cop was following us around for NO reason... Now after that with my luck I was going to work and yeah speeding.. ugh i hate doing that but anywho my speedo does not work.. was doing 92 on a 55 OUCH... so he pulls me over.. gets me for supposebly no seatbelt BUT does not take me to jail... phewww so now i went to court and got it dissmissed with a drivers course HOWEVER... BE warned..some states 2 speeding tickets is a felony.. yup ... so no speeding and i gotta fix my speedo... not speeding saves so much gas lol around 30 mph after the ticket. We all gotta learn our lesson. Im glad I didnt cause any accidents. From nopw own im going to stop being foolish and rather be late than never get there at all because i caused a wreck. Just wanted to share.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

What do you think? You have no speedo, how are supposed to know how fast your are going, and 92 in a 55? You may want to get that speedo fixed asap, dude its probably your strange paint and kit that attracts the cops, or they just got your name and they are keeping a eye out.
Last edited by solo_ryder on June 7th, 2006, 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hoodzy

Post by Hoodzy »

wtf did u just say :shock:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/hoodzy13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.id-studio.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.behance.net/CollinH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1995 Creek Mica Blue GS
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Im getting on it asap.. and yeah i think they are keepoing an eye out for me.. and i do bet the paint has alot to do with it. It sucks being harrassed just because of how a car looks. I have been getting alot of hater people i dont know why.. My car is slow..maybe they hate it because its slow or something.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

I think a broken speedometer is a dumb excuse for going 37 over. There is a noticeable difference between 55 and 92. Speeding is fine, I speed all the time, just be smart about it and pay attention.

Cops do seem to target MX-3s though. I had one pull me over because my license plate lights were out. That cop was a fag and bitched at me for going 45 in a 40 and not having proof of insurance in my car. I told him it was in the mess of papers in my glove box somewhere and that I just couldnt be bothered to look for it since he could easily look it up or call and find out. He said he could write me a ticket for it, but he just gave me a warning.
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Bolverk wrote:I think a broken speedometer is a dumb excuse for going 37 over. There is a noticeable difference between 55 and 92. Speeding is fine, I speed all the time, just be smart about it and pay attention.

Cops do seem to target MX-3s though. I had one pull me over because my license plate lights were out. That cop was a fag and bitched at me for going 45 in a 40 and not having proof of insurance in my car. I told him it was in the mess of papers in my glove box somewhere and that I just couldnt be bothered to look for it since he could easily look it up or call and find out. He said he could write me a ticket for it, but he just gave me a warning.
Man WTF :freak: You cant tell a cop that you dont want to be bothered to look for your papers, you desrved a ticket man. Cops are there for a reason, so if you have some violations you cant blame them and call them fags.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

ticket off record :) went to get it dissmissed... i love the system.. anywho yeah its my fault i was speeding im an azz and will never ever do it again. People go to jail and kill other people and it is very irresponsible. Never again.
-hec

4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

i agree cops are there for a reason but there are very few DECENT cops
at least in my area
ive had one follow me for about fifteen miles, riding my a$$ hoping id mess up just so he could get a chance to look good
there are some arround here that do make up for the bad ones
ive met some cops that are like "well i clocked you doing sixty but i dont feel its worth a ticket so just try to keep it under controol and dont do it again" and thats the end of it
now this ONE COP
he wrote me and my roomate a "racing" ticket
we werent even racing!
hes got this heinous 4" tip so he resonates like hell and i have a ram air on my car so my engine bay sounds kinda loud if i rev sorta high ( wich i was kause we were going up a steep hill) but still
the basterd was coming down the hill and HEARD us so now we have to go to court
my roomate just gave in and payed the ticket but i dont want that crap on my record
so yea...
my pretrial meeting is on the 14th >_<
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny
90 Miata w/ b6, Konig Lightspeed rims, Cams (boost to come soon)
74 Porsche 914 w/ 1.8L - restoration prooject

1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

Even without a speedo you should still be able to guess pretty reasonably how fast you are going based on the tach. You had to be at about 4500 in 5th gear to be going that fast. Still no excuse.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
Saucy

Post by Saucy »

lol yeah its pretty easy to be in the ballpark with how fast your going without a speedo....
and about bad cops i have had my fair share... Get this...

Last summer i pick my friend up from his house we are going to go back to my house and hook up my new stereo in my 323. THe road we are on is a 55mph zone nad it turns to 40 right before a hill, and i didnt notice that it turned to 40 so im going back down the otherside of the hill coasting i see the cop and i look around and see a 40mph zone sign so i slow down instantly to 40.. cop whips a U turn and comes on my a-- and waits untill i pass 3 more 40mph zone signs and says that i passed 4 40mph signs and i was till doign 62... well im going through my glove box looking for my registration., nad i cant find it so he makes me step out of the car as my friend looks for it. As my friend is looking for the registraion the Cop looks in the back of the hatch and sees an amp and starts yelling at me saying he could give me a ticket for amplifing my music it is illegal and he could clearly hear me blasting my music so at that point i have had enough with this cop and i said 1 second officer, you clearly heard me blasting my music? he said yes loud and clear... so at that point i leaned in the car and pulled out my cd player and showed him that it wasnt even hooked up so i wasnt listening to any music.. at that point he told me to sit back in my car and so he could write me my ticket got the registration from my friend and went and wrote me the ticket and told me to get out of there...

So i leave, i get about 10 min. away im at a redlight, and this honda next to me is trying to get me to race... lightg turns green he spins his tires and takes off, i take off like normal and look in my rearview mirror That same State Trooper that pulled me over before is about 8 cars behind me... i turn off the road nad here he comes following me turns on his lights and pulls me over AGAIN!... and says what u didnt learn the first time? im giving you a ticket for an Improper start and loud exhuast i told him how can you tell it was me you where 8 cars back it was the car next to me ... he said i know it was u and gave me those two tickets... and then spun his tires as he left...

well a week later a friend and i are driving down the road and he is drinking one of those Lipton ICe tea's ( the big cans) so this cop turns a U and pulls us over and asks us were the alochol is .., told her we dont know what she is talking about, and he showed her his ICe tea... and then she starts looking around the car and notcies neither of us are wearing are Lapbelts.... WTF she gives us a ticket for that, ... i get home im pissed and i decide that i should fight those tickets but i dindt i mailed them in pleading guilty w/e....... i paid the 200 dollar fine for the speeding. and havent heard anything yet from the other 3 tickes..

Last friday im driving my Mx-3 down the road ( no exhaust on it) what do you know i drive by that State trooper that pulled me over for the speeding and sqealing tires and stuff.. turns right around gets right up on my a-- doesnt turn his lights on just gets inches from my rear bumper with his highbeams on so i turn itno a gasstaion and he comes right up behind my car and blocks me in... gets out of the car and see's that i have a 10 day inspection that was up 2 days before ( place i was going to get inspected was out of stickers and i was suposed to go back nextweek) so he says hes giving me a ticket for loud exhuast and i even told him i had a new exhuast in the backseat if he wanted to see it ( the next day i was going to a friends house to use his dads lift to put it on and he said No i dont need to see it Its also illegal to modify or amplify your pipes.., Non inspected vehicle, My front plate was not on my bumper so there is another ticket... goes back to his car... 15 min. later comes back up saying that my license was suspended on 3 accounts.... ( lap belt ticket , sqealing tires and loud exhuast) i told him that i mailed them in and i havent recieved any of them yet... he tells me to get out of the car, and makes me stand next to his Suv in thte rain., im out there for a half hour as he takes my pic nad writes me those 3 tickets Plus Another two for not having a license, ( AUO 3rd degree, ( agrivated unlicensed operations), and just an Unlicesned operations) WTF... this is getting out of controll this dude is just harassing me.... he tells me im lucky i pulled into a gasstaion so im on private property or my car would have been impounded.. so my friend drives the car and i back to my house... and i went to the court house nad they told me i need to pay 260 to them and 35 to the DMV before i can get my license back... this is all retarded..

ENd of rant sorry for the long post just had to vent

oh yeah and i forgot to mention a few weeks ago ( before the last set of tickets) he pulls up to me off duty in his Chevy Avalanche on 20's and starts reving at me wanting to race me light turns green and he spins his tires and takes off) WTF!!!!
93 323- BP swap,Pacesetter header,magnaflow,highflow cat, pacesetter catback,Rx7vaf+filter, Adv timing, Fidanza Adj camgears, GTx front bumper, EGT side skirts, Espec headlights, LED upper spoiler, GTR midwing, familia rear garnish, Mx3 carpet +all seats,
92-mx3 gs
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

sounds like fun
i had one pull me over for going ten miles over the speed limit and he made me pay a 205$ ticket
i applogise if i offend people who like cops but theres too many people out there who believe their god
if an officer wrights a ticket theres not realy anything we can do
its our word against him
and you know cops are never wrong and should always be held in the highest ranking in public
so yea
anyone want to move to canada ?
lol

btw Saucy
they cant wright you a ticket without showing proof
well i know city cops cant and sherifs cant
so yea
if their gona harass you harass them back or do something about it
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny

4gotn

what a prick

Post by 4gotn »

okok one last story i had to post this kause its ben nagging me

one night my roomate and i were pulling into our apt and this cop had his car running at our managers office so we were like wtf? so we got out of our car and were walking to our apt when this cop pops up at then end of the bulding and shines his light in our face(flashlight) and says "is that your honda with those green lights on the hood(spray nozel tight thingys) and continues to threaten my roomate with a ticket. the officer then continues to harass him trying to prove hes right and when i say to him that we got it and want to go inside n stuff he starts yelling at me and telling me to go inside. btw this is all on MY PROPERTY, he was on my lawn n stuff. so ya so my roomate says hell disconnect to make the moron go away and then we go inside and get the florida statutes jic. a few nights later the guy follows us into the apt complex without his lights on (wich btw is illegal if hes charging us with somehting concerning our autos) and blocks both of us in. the officer then continues to harass us and then my roomate told the cop he has already asked other officers and they say it was ok. needless to the say "god" still was not happy so my roomate yanks the switch out and throws it on the ground. finaly the guy leaves. we went iside printed out a second version of the stutes being as we lost the fist :X and then he calls the officers back to get their names and badge numbers and we wait. a day or so later the cop comes back by after my roomate fixes the lights and starts to wright my roomate a ticket..or so he says... and then we show him the evidence that hes wrong and for once we actualy avoided god.
he hasnt come back but it may be due to the fact that my grandmother knows almost every sherifs deputy so yea.
oh..btw...this dude also almomst ran my gf over when she was in her neon and then tried to wright her a ticket for it...no joke..

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well this cop is gonna have a heart attack if he finds out i got the ticket dissmissed and a 3 month extension to pay the no seat belt one..
-hec

Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

solo_ryder wrote:Man WTF :freak: You cant tell a cop that you dont want to be bothered to look for your papers, you desrved a ticket man. Cops are there for a reason, so if you have some violations you cant blame them and call them fags.
My dad was a cop for 22 years, I know to respect cops and how to talk to them. I also know when cops are just being a--holes. He pulled me over for a stupid reason, it had nothing to do with safety, and he was searching for a reason to write me a ticket. I knew he wouldnt write me a ticket for anything, so I wasnt worried.

One night I got pulled over because I didnt have the registration sticker on my license plate. I knew that was the reason because I wasnt speeding and I signalled to turn and everything. I had the new registration sticker in my glovebox, I just didnt get around to putting it on. So the cop came up to my window and I said "registration, right?" he said yes and I showed him my registration papers and the new sticker and explained to him that I just hadnt put it on yet. Great, he will just tell me to put it on and let me go, right? Wrong.
He then says my eyes look glassy and asks me if I had been drinking. It was 3:30 AM, I was tired and he was shining is freaking flashlight in my eyes. I tell him that I hadnt been drinking and I was just tired and heading home. He then says "you are older than 21, so its okay if you have been drinking". I said, "I have not been drinking! What is your problem, give me a sobriety test if you dont believe me!"
He then takes my license and registration back to his car and sits there for 20 minutes when another cop pulls up. Then he gets out and comes up to my window as the other cop comes up the passenger side. He says he is writing me a ticket for driving without a license because apparently my license had expired 5 years ago.
The 'expires on birthday' box on my license was blank when I got it, I figured the DMV just forgot to fill it in or something. My parents told me that I would just get a remind in the mail when my license did expire, so I didnt worry about it. Well, the thing was, I never actually finished my driving test to get my license, I did the written test and then they gave me the license and I left. I didnt do the actual driving test, so they voided my license and it apparently expired that same month that I got it. I had been pulled over half a dozen times and the cops just said 'hmm, thats weird', and left it at that.
Now, 5 years later, this cop writes me a ticket for driving with an expired license and gives me a warning for the registration sticker. I photocopied my old license, went and got a new one, then went to court and showed the judge the photocopy. He dismissed the ticket and I didnt have to pay a thing, except for 20 bucks to get a new drivers license.
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

There are a$$holes everywhere - not just in the police department. And the a--holes in the police department are especially a pain because they have the power. But there are people everywhere who act like jerks once they get a little power - not just cops - like the people that win lotteries or the bouncer in the bar......

I may have maybe one or two valid reasons to diss them - but - I always think of the kind of people they deal with on a daily basis - I think of the kind of stories they have heard in just a day - not to mention their career. I always ask myself - What will be my attitude and temper when i had to deal with junkies and hookers for my job at 3am in the morning?

I also try to keep in mind these are the same people that will stand by my side and will help me in anyway they can if i am the victim of a crime.

The saying is very true - "Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes" - i hope i have the courage, sense and decency to always follow this.
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”