klze 1/4 mile average times

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
PWRD_BY_HKS

klze 1/4 mile average times

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

i found a post in which baby blue mx-3 says a ze mx-3 will run an average of a high 14 with stock everything except for the swap. so im worried because on drag radials shifting at 7.3 rpms i might hit like a flat 15 or could it be sea level ......
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

i think ze's with intake/exhaust/headers are running about 14.2-14.5 .... but i dont have a ZE so what do i know :cry:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

My old set up.

ZE with Probe manfold.
Exhaust and cold air.
Gutted and normal tires.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

My ZE with exhaust and stock everything did 15.4
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

you see it doesent make sense i think the times are off.... there is no way im running a 15 on DRAG RADIALS......any advise on how i could check the track be have is.... well a joke ....... mostly for all the kids to play .... what about the g tec thing is that accurate?
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Chances are something messed up if your running that slow, unless your track is pretty high altitude wise. My best is 15.2 on the ze n/a with just intake and exhaust at 3600ft.
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

for some reason it actually felt faster with the k8 manifold ..... the only problem is it would blow out flames with a mean back fire shifting at anything over 4.2 rpms
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

check this link out..,its to complicated for me

http://www.geocities.com/mikey9t6/car_uvwxyz_vris.htm
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Matt

Post by Matt »

im running 14.7 gutted w/ only swap
timpronk

Post by timpronk »

My time is a 14.3, 98,21 mph, 60 ft: 2.211 - 08/06/2004

That was my second time to the track (sparta) with my mx3.

Full interior, ze, fuel pressure reg, klze ecu, k8 airflow meter, modified ze longneck manifold, fuel banjo bolt drilled, broken engine mount rubber, clutch masters stage 1, stock tires, cross drilled rotors (you have to stop at the end). Ze distributor, crane cams ignition and coil.

Since then I have added, ss autochrome v1 headers, thermal spacers, hockey puck for engine mount (canadian), 2.5 ss exhaust all the way, ss clutch line, but have not gone to the track since 2004.
92 MX-3 GS 2.5 KLZE
14.385 @ 98.21
Teqnyck

Post by Teqnyck »

I don't know where my timeslip is, but a couple of weeks ago, I ran a 14.02@99mph. I've got a curved neck KLZE, 9lbs flywheel, stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch, headers, 2.5 inch exhaust, test pipe, home made CAI, and a FPR turned up. Stock suspension, blown motor mount, and BFG KDs. My 60' time was awful, so I'd be inclined to say my setup is into the 13s with a set of drag radials and shocks that aren't blown. Of course, the last time I posted on here that I expect to be in the 13s, I got flamed.

Oh, and that question about the G-tech. I set my G-tech every run the last time I went to the track and it was dead on the same with the track's times. Anybody who says those aren't accurate needs to try one out.
KLZE/KL31 ecu/Pacesetter headers/track pipe cat delete/2.5 inch custom exhaust out to fart pipe/warm air intake for now :(/Fidanza 9lbs flywheel/Stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch which still slips/stock wheels/BFG KDW-2 tires. Looks bone stock ;)

There are those who claim to be street racers, and then there are those who claim the streets for themselves. I am not a street racer. I am a StreetSweeper.
http://www.streetsweepersracing.com
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

There only accurate on level ground (track is lv) the more unlevel u get the crappier they are.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
Teqnyck

Post by Teqnyck »

hence why you have to be smart about it. Even though I use a level road, I make two runs up and two runs back, then average the four together. If you do like that, they are very accurate.

BTW, you're turbo KLZE must be crazy. I've been thinking of going the turbo route, but I don't know if this little car could handle the power!
KLZE/KL31 ecu/Pacesetter headers/track pipe cat delete/2.5 inch custom exhaust out to fart pipe/warm air intake for now :(/Fidanza 9lbs flywheel/Stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch which still slips/stock wheels/BFG KDW-2 tires. Looks bone stock ;)

There are those who claim to be street racers, and then there are those who claim the streets for themselves. I am not a street racer. I am a StreetSweeper.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

YEa it would be crazy if my turbo was not junk : P im upgrading soon.

Teqnyck

Post by Teqnyck »

I'd almost be more inclined to go with nitrous just so I can turn the extra 100hp off!

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”