UK MX3 ZE, custom bonnet and rear lights (turbo coming soon)

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Tommy D

UK MX3 ZE, custom bonnet and rear lights (turbo coming soon)

Post by Tommy D »

Hello, had the car over a year now, ZE, exhaust, taipan carbon fibre ind kit, 6 branc manifolds, ms8 I/M, lots of other bits, been playing so thought id post her up........now got black mesh in the holes... 8)

Last edited by Tommy D on June 2nd, 2006, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

not too sure on the bonnet vents but the rest of the car is sweeeeeettt! i suppose they'll get mucho needed cold air in there :wink:

seriously i know lots have ze's over the pond... but how quick do you find your ze on the uk roads? not that i condone street racing but pick up in comparison to other cars
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I love the vents. Very original. You just need to get out of the pic and park the car with better scenery :wink:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Tommy D

Post by Tommy D »

Thanks for coments guys, thats not me in the pic, thats my friend Ant who owns the bodyshop.

The pic was taken when i just picked her up and iv been off to a car show this weekend, i think the bonnet looks mint as i sketched it and had Ant do it for me, personal taste, Jap all the way!

I find the ZE quite quick, it will take a CTR, 2.2Vti Prelude no probs, I also out accelerate my mate in his WRX Scooby no problems.

A Mitzi Evo FQ330 left me past 70mph the other day but thats to be expected as its a superior car, its turbo time!
KJ

Post by KJ »

I love the vents too. Did you do those yourself or is that a hood that is available now for the mx-3?

KJ
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

definately decided to do the swap after the kit's on, thanks for that tommy.

after looking at this thread a couple of times and seeing the pics the hoods actually a grower :wink: does look kinda cool
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

Look great tom, better that its a one of custom made job so atleast you wont see another mx-3 like it !! :D
and its going to improve that under bonnet temperatures too, another plus :wink:
keep up the good work mate and keep us posted.
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

Just posting this on toms behalf, another custom piece of work he has just installed. Im sure he would appriciate the clubs opinions on them. Keep up the custom work tom !! :D

2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

Got couple of more pics tom has just sent me, no doubt once the turbo is underway he will post up pics of everything in the work log section.

front view

polished up

Tommy D

Post by Tommy D »

Thanks Gareth, Im happy at last with the way the car is looking, the front looks much better but needs an FMIC now to make me happy, in the next few months im also going to do the civic 01-03 projector conversion, ill lift the lense cover and colour the projector surface too.....why not, lol

The rear lights started like as a set of these

but they misted up, so instead of messing about i decided to rip them apart, smashed the lenses off.......used some plastic primer, fill in the gaps untill i could make the shape i wanted, leave for a week to harden. Then spray.......I think they look great on the car now.

Im also going to bridge off two rear bulbs so i can light up the two inside lenses so ill have twins on each side. Will mean removing fog exept for mot, but who cares.....lol
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

hahaha.... bonnet.... haha...

That bumper is custom too, aint it? I plan on doing something similar to my bumper.
Tommy D

Post by Tommy D »

mr1in6billion wrote:hahaha.... bonnet.... haha...

That bumper is custom too, aint it? I plan on doing something similar to my bumper.
Lost you bud, my bumper is completely standard?
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

our bumpers are a bit different to the us one's i think
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

BADMX3 wrote:our bumpers are a bit different to the us one's i think
ahh... We don't have fogs and ours have side markers.
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

what size are the wheels ?

Return to “Appearance”