a few klze swap questions.. pics added!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
o0loopy0o

a few klze swap questions.. pics added!

Post by o0loopy0o »

Im in the middle of installing my KLZE and i just have a few quick questions :shock:

#1 there is a vacuum? Line on the top of the throttle body my k8 did not. Where dose this go to?

#2 i installed my new clutch and my old 5spd tranny and i noticed that little clutch lever that the master clutch cylinder pushes is very easy to push back and forward with no pressure is this normal?

#3 strange wire: i noticed on my old k8 there is a wire that goes from near the coolant filler down into where the fuel rails are. It has a red and a black wire. But on my klze it did not have one? However on the klze i noticed a wire coming from under the fuel rails but coming out near the intake side of the engine it was cut off and it looked only like a red wire insulated with silver wire in a black sleeve. Is this the same wire? Can i just put a new clip on it?

#4 where is a good place to run my cai to? I hear some say in the space below the coolant overflow is good and some say its bad, where would be the best?

#5 on the klze there is a vacuum or a breather plug on the back left of the IM and on the k8 there is one there but its plugged IM guessing i plug the one on the klze?
Last edited by o0loopy0o on May 25th, 2006, 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: a few klze swap questions..

Post by Custommx3 »

o0loopy0o wrote:Im in the middle of installing my KLZE and i just have a few quick questions :shock:

#1 there is a vacuum? Line on the top of the throttle body my k8 did not. Where dose this go to?

Probably your PCV valve. Block off any unused vaccume ports, vaccume leaks are bad...

#2 i installed my new clutch and my old 5spd tranny and i noticed that little clutch lever that the master clutch cylinder pushes is very easy to push back and forward with no pressure is this normal?

Did you blead your clutch?

#3 strange wire: i noticed on my old k8 there is a wire that goes from near the coolant filler down into where the fuel rails are. It has a red and a black wire. But on my klze it did not have one? However on the klze i noticed a wire coming from under the fuel rails but coming out near the intake side of the engine it was cut off and it looked only like a red wire insulated with silver wire in a black sleeve. Is this the same wire? Can i just put a new clip on it?

Thats probably your Knock sensor, if its cut, use your K8's in its place. It plugs in near your passenger side near the mount on a k8.

#4 where is a good place to run my cai to? I hear some say in the space below the coolant overflow is good and some say its bad, where would be the best?

I put mine into the fender..

#5 on the klze there is a vacuum or a breather plug on the back left of the IM and on the k8 there is one there but its plugged IM guessing i plug the one on the klze?
Are you referring to your EGR? remember the KLZE has no EGR. You can use EGR, but if its plugged you may have to take that off if you decide to use it. I myself have a millenia manifold which it was open. I havent seen a curved KLZE IM up close, Locally we just buy a millenia Manifold.
Teqnyck

Post by Teqnyck »

I have a curved neck klze, it has no place for the EGR on it.
KLZE/KL31 ecu/Pacesetter headers/track pipe cat delete/2.5 inch custom exhaust out to fart pipe/warm air intake for now :(/Fidanza 9lbs flywheel/Stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch which still slips/stock wheels/BFG KDW-2 tires. Looks bone stock ;)

There are those who claim to be street racers, and then there are those who claim the streets for themselves. I am not a street racer. I am a StreetSweeper.
http://www.streetsweepersracing.com
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

take pictures because as far as i know all my hoses had a place to go on my curv neck
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

ok i got some picturs...

#1 i know its not the pcv valve becasue i know where that is. also it runs to behind the engine. there is a pipe but it got bent in shipping i guess. here is a picture

#2 no i did not bleed the clutch yet as its not in my car yet.

#3 here is the wire. if its a knock sensor does that mean i have to take the IM off to change it :cry:

#4 solved

#5 here is a pic of th tube

NEW......

#6 i also nocited a vacuum line comming from the left intake rail on the k8 to it looks the like power steering fluid tank area and on my KLZ there is no hole for it on the left inake runner.

#8 i noticed this sensor is broken what is it for? egr??

Aslo in this pic you can see in the top left corner that hose that i was saying goes into the top of my throttlebody
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

#5 That tube on my IM is just capped.

#8 I think that might be your purge solenoid valve. If so, it should connect to the charcoal canister and intake manifold with some silicone hoses.

The hose on top of the the manifold just behind the throttle body is connected to the PCV valve on my valve cover.
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

Ello Ello this is nighthwak calling london....

Opps sorry right

#3 If its a dual core wire and it looks like it yes thats your knock
sensor, you will either need a crows foot spanner or have to cut
a slot in the socket that fits.

#5 Brake Master clyinder vacum on a JDM
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

with your knock sensor took me ages to figure out how to gget it out. I may have damaged trying to get it out other ways.

but if you get the right size spanner 24 me thinks.... then instead of putting the spanner horizontally, put it vertically over / on the knock sensor. place a large tube shape object, (big screw driver) through the ring spanner on the other end and turn. be careful but this should work for ya. Took me blooming hours to get it off lol.

all in to me it looks like your knock sensor. You'll need to take off the mani and the water inlet stuff to get to it
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

number five all you need to do it seal it
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Making note and taking pics of specific vaccum lines and connections from the old K8 would have been your best option before engaging in the swap. There are numerous pics and diagrams posted of vaccum system layout for the 2.5L engines. Correct interpretation of those layouts and diagrams is the key, and if unable to the task then a fellow mx'r or friend with a ZE would be another viable solution. I believe pic 8 may be part of the EGR Vent and EGR Vaccum system which would have been leftover from the K8 and I'm only saying that because it's depicted in that same general vicinity of the IM where it would normally be situated. If it's not left over from the K8 than I'd say it's what Bolverk said as being the Purge Solenoid Valve.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
mx3autozam

Post by mx3autozam »

I'm not even using the purge solinoid valve in my car. MY ZE ran bad with the k8 manifold. Swapped the Millenia curve neck and connected the PCV and the brake booster line and it runs like a clock. MY EGR is also plugged on the exhaust manifold and where the egr valve connects to the motor

John
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

it it is the knock sensor cant i just solder the clip from the k8 to this wire??
Macen

Post by Macen »

#8 looks like Purge Solenoid Valve.

Black '93 GS-RL KL-DE
White '95 RX-7 Type R Bathurst
http://macen.nullnet.com
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

but if im not useing an egr i dont need it?
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

bump please help

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”