car = broken need help

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Redlined

car = broken need help

Post by Redlined »

I don't know if anyone can help me with this but if someone would have any idea please let me know, I'm not a complete moron, I have my apprenticeship for automotive service tech but any help that someone might know would be appreciated. Took my car out for a ride yesterday, our town sucks so horribly that I must have broken something in my exhuast, It was pouring rain so I have not yet been able to see what it is, I know its got to be a flex pipe or something because it is up front for sure and the rear section (catback) is about 3 months old, I know its not the manifold but maybe a downpipe is a possibility, either way, my cars a whore, I brought it home last night. This morning, no start, Engine cranks over normally, I traced the problem back to the fuel pump relay, one of the connectors had a loose cable, which had also happened last year so this was no surprise, no big deal, refed the cable through the connector, crimped it good to go. I turn the key and the belt lets out a little squeal im assuming my belt is a bit glazed because it is an older belt and will be replaced soon, Give the car a shot of gas just to get rid of that annoying squeal and smoke goes EVERYWHERE, like this was ridiculous not a drop coming from the muffler obvoiusly but just underneath me its going everywhere, nowhere near as much smoke as my 440 snopro. Now theres no possible way my motor decided to just die overnight, would it be this normal for the car to smoke THAT MUCH with an exhaust problem I cant really see that being the case, What else could it possibly be? its pouring rain for the next 3 days and I cant get out at it.... Any help appreciated
thanx guys
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

What color is the smoke?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”