one fast k8ze!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
stereoking15

one fast k8ze!

Post by stereoking15 »

i just got done doing some tuning to my k8ze along with a few mods that include a stainless steel cat, 2 1/4 piping to an apexi n1 muffler, k&n filter element and as far as the tuning goes i did a new distributor, belden premium wires ngk iridium wires advanced the timing and got my tps as far as it will go (starting to go bad) and with all this a recent accident crimped my exhaust and i ran a 14.9 second quarter mile at 98 mph which i hear is awesome for an ze tell me what u think!
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

somethings wrong with your numbers, a k8 is 130 hp a kl is 200 hp.

a kl will do a 14 sec run. a k8 will not.

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

are you sure its not a klze?
stereoking15

Post by stereoking15 »

mostly stock except with those mods and adjsustments. we ran my car on the g-tech and ran my buddys car with a klze in a 93 gs se and he ran a 14.2 with a few mods and what not and it said i was making 144 at the wheels and he was making 181 whp
94 gs ze swapped,front mount oil cooler,b&g springs, kyb gr2 struts, vris deleted, gutted, racing 4 point harness. centerforce dual friction clutch, BREMBO ROTORS X4, CARBOTECH XP10 front pads, ebc green stuff rear PADS, corksport brake lines & clutch line, hei mod w/ msd blaster 3, MAZDASPEED motor mounts, B&M short shifter, M-FACTORY LSD, Carbon fiber hatch with lexan window.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

this was done on a gtech?? well ihear they can be accurate but u should take it to the actual track to see what it does to back the statement up
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

BS!!!
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

pfft m,y kf has more hp and less speed? its probably a klze that u got there mang
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

want to see your dyno/time slip
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

dude where do you live if you hit a 14.9 on a k8 ill hit 10 secs for sure.....i dont know man im ussually nice to new people but dont lie to be cool we all know what we drive and credible times, if it was the higher output j spec motor (klze) hell yeah ill believe you but the stock motor (k8) is well....... :cry: ....yeah that sad so kudos to you working on an mx-3 but umm....how do i say this......put it this way if you tell me you hit a 15-anything in a k8 i would have a hard time believing no nitrous was used but .......i dont know sea level makes a difference......uhhh i guess :?:
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

i'm sure i've seen k8ze mentioned before hmmmm trying to think where ????

argggghh! i can't remember or was it someone with ze head, i really can't remember. Either that or your the stig :wink:
Teqnyck

Post by Teqnyck »

If I might chime in here, fellas. He's a friend of mine, and he's not lying. None of us can figure out why his K8 is so fast. He's spent alot of time tuning it, and those number are the average we got, not some fluke numbers. I personally think it has a 2.5 swap that the previous owner didn't tell us about :lol: But seriously, I've been around these cars for a while, and I've never seen anything like it. Dana, where are you hiding your nitrous bottle!
KLZE/KL31 ecu/Pacesetter headers/track pipe cat delete/2.5 inch custom exhaust out to fart pipe/warm air intake for now :(/Fidanza 9lbs flywheel/Stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch which still slips/stock wheels/BFG KDW-2 tires. Looks bone stock ;)

There are those who claim to be street racers, and then there are those who claim the streets for themselves. I am not a street racer. I am a StreetSweeper.
http://www.streetsweepersracing.com
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

A G-tech number is about as accurate as someone who beat Madden on X-Box saying he's good enough to play QB in the NFL. Go to the track and get a slip.
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

im not saying hes lying its just hard to beleive its that fast but he is saying those times from a g-tech meter so that just makes it VERY hard to beleive. just go check his head codes and tell us the numbers that are on it. also tell us which intake manny he has on it...maybe get a pic??
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Teqnyck

Post by Teqnyck »

It def has a K8 mani on it.
KLZE/KL31 ecu/Pacesetter headers/track pipe cat delete/2.5 inch custom exhaust out to fart pipe/warm air intake for now :(/Fidanza 9lbs flywheel/Stage 2 kevlar road racing clutch which still slips/stock wheels/BFG KDW-2 tires. Looks bone stock ;)

There are those who claim to be street racers, and then there are those who claim the streets for themselves. I am not a street racer. I am a StreetSweeper.
http://www.streetsweepersracing.com
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

a K8 and a k8ze are NOT the same thing.

A k8 ze has 140 Hp.

Read the block code, that says it all.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”