Search question

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
KJ

Search question

Post by KJ »

I am new to this forum as far as posting goes. I have been reading it for sometime now just never created an account. I have noticed that alot of ppl are asking questions and get the response of "Search it". Now i use google search alot to find out what i need to know and it works most of the time. But i have seen ppl say that there was a post on this or that and to search it so i am assuming they mean use the search feature on the MX-3.com site. I have faithfully tried over and over to use this search and i guess i am doing it wrong or something. Could someone post a step by step on how to use the MX-3.com search engine? I think it might help alot of new people and people like myself that have been here a while without making an account. At the very least it could do is help with some of the unwanted or unneeded posts that have been circulating.

Thanks alot,

KJ
Imazdanation1

Post by Imazdanation1 »

Welcome to the forums. I had the same problem with the search engine on this site. Maybe someone will post the answer to your question i am still trying to figure it out myself :lol: Good luck anyway.

Keith
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

the most important part of the search function on this form is make sure you select the "Search for all terms" option.

Bochek
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

Bochek wrote:the most important part of the search function on this form is make sure you select the "Search for all terms" option.

Bochek
Absolutely agree. Otherwise you get search results that include ANY of the search-words instead of ALL of em.
Image -Jim
azazel95

Post by azazel95 »

Also try to narrow down the area being searched. As in if what you are looking for has to do with the 4 cyl engine, search under that section.

I'm pretty sure that everyone here understands that the search function doesn't always yield the results you wanted. Its just that a lot of times newbies post questions that are answered in a recent topic, bringing out the flame-throwers. Search for what you are looking for and if you can't find it, then simply make a post and just say you searched but couldn't find it. We will help or at least post the link to the topic you need. We try to be friendly :lol:

Welcome to the posting part of the board :twisted:
Imazdanation1

Post by Imazdanation1 »

Don't feel bad about it man i tried everything too and still nothing is working i put everything like you guys said and still no results i guess i am doomed to never get the answers i need.
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

what was ur ? to begin since u can't find it.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”