Friend is making CF parts need ideas

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Imazdanation1

Friend is making CF parts need ideas

Post by Imazdanation1 »

My buddy is thinking of doing some carbon fibre parts i am interested in knowing what parts would you guys be interested in seeing for the MX-3. He is doing a few little things for me atm for a better price than i can get them from any online store. So guys if you can give me some input i might be able to get us some things done that are either way too high or just not available online.

Keith
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

hatch cover, gs stock spolier, a dash trim kit would be nice (92-93), front valve cover for gs,
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

GS LIP.... you have NO idea how many ppl would pick that up cuz they're getting scarce stock

when you make it, PM me cuz i want one
Cy

Post by Cy »

Deimos wrote:GS LIP.... you have NO idea how many ppl would pick that up cuz they're getting scarce stock

when you make it, PM me cuz i want one
you need to make that out of a Flexi- urathane... anything rigid and it's going to rip off / explode on any contact...
im2bad4ya

Post by im2bad4ya »

CF airvents, the ones in the dash, CF rear view mirrors, the one inside and both outside. Also the cover to the seatbelt latch on the 92-93 models. Of course these parts aren't for performance, just for looks :twisted:

-1992 MX-3 RS w/BP Swap Tropical Emerald Metallic "Lucky" 2005-2012 *REST IN PIECES*
Worklog: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=78176

-2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protege #882 Blazing Yellow Mica "Lemon Drop" 2012-2015 SOLD!

-2003 MAZDASPEED Protege #1186 Spicy Orange "Debbie" 2014-2015 SOLD!

-1980 Toyota Corolla Green 2014-present

-2002 Lexus IS 300 Solar Yellow 2015-present
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Side mirror covers and a spark plug wire cover for the front valve cover should be good easy, cheap parts to start with. A rear spoiler would look great, but probably beyond a backyard job.
I don't think a front lip would cause too much harm. CF flexes a bit and the stock one will tear away from the bumper too. (that is why they are scarce :wink: )
Valve covers are going to be more than a backyard job too. They would need to be very exact or would leak like crazy.
A dash trim kit would be cool, but I bet difficult.
A rear deck lid is going to reflect light like a mutha, so I'd be careful of that one. It could blind you if you tried to look backward on a sunny day. Ever seen a fiberglass dash at a car show... kinda like that.

I need some parts wrapped in CF. Can your friend do that? If so PM me his name and number, or yours, if you don't mind and I'll call about specifics.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Jacbs2007

Post by Jacbs2007 »

How about some CF door panel inserts? Some CF tubing in streight lengths and 45 degree angles would be nice as well.

-Curt-
1993 GS
-MS front -functional molded hood scoop
-MS molded sides-shaved antenna
-Civic projectors -New black paintjob
hoffman_BMX89

Post by hoffman_BMX89 »

i would want to see a cf stock front lip but make it so it sits like an inch lower
95 Mx-3 GS [R.I.P.]
96 Mx-3 GSR [Sold]
97 Mitsubishi eclipse spyder [For Sale]
97 Saturn SL2 [Sold]
03 Corvette Z06 [Current toy]
98 Saturn SL2 [Daily]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2176731" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SIXPACK

Post by SIXPACK »

I would love to see a cargo cover and door inserts. I think many people want a new cargo cover...
Black '92 GS - Pacesetter QuickShift w. SRD Extension rod Bushing + bronzoil - Top Speed Pro1 exhaust - Hotshot style headers - GTS coilovers - 18" ADR Sokudo gunmetal, f+r strutbar, floorbar & SRD crossmember
Imazdanation1

Post by Imazdanation1 »

So far we are looking into doing some, Some door inserts, Side mirror covers, and GS Lip he will be looking into it today and seeing how much it will cost to do these. If you have something original that you would want done he will take those into consideration also. You can PM me if you want to keep the originality of your idea private. Of course if the person only wants one made to have the only item of its kind on his/her car it will probably cost a little more but that is the price we pay to be original sometimes. 8)

Keith

EDIT: I was just wondering if anyone had done a wiper cowl. I seen where that one guy had ripped everyone off and it seemed to be quite a popular item. Maybe i can get him to look into doing some of those as well let me know what you guys think.
Last edited by Imazdanation1 on May 18th, 2006, 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

count me in for the spoiler (only if its a gs lip one)
o0loopy0o

Post by o0loopy0o »

if you make the door insters remember you might want to go ahead and make the rear seat side inserts to match
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

a CF gs lip would be sweeeeeet! also take the rear altezzas we can get and make it REAL CF insted of that cheap a-- s--- that would be VERY awsome!
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

First off, Imazdanation1, if you or your friend wish to go further with this project, Site rules require that you contact me first.

Secondly, to everyone, remember the rules of the sites for sale/buy/trade forum, are a minimum of 30 posts, before anyone can post in that forum. I am not trying to downplay Imazdanation1's offerings, but just warning people to be careful.

Lastly and most importantly, I must mention that one of this sites, most prominent, and dedicated advertisers, Pakfeifer Tuning Canada, (banner at the top of this forums pages, has ben delaing with Carbon Fibre parts for quite some time, and can also, make any of these parts for a very competitive price. The quality also will be very impressive. Remember the Carbon Fibre hoods group buy from a couple years ago.

Oscar at Pakfeifer has also made the CF rad support, gas cap, and eyebrows, and is workign on the wiper cowl as we speak.

Please remember to support our advertisers and give them a chance to make these parts also.

Any questions or concerns contact me.

Regards,
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
Matt

Post by Matt »

GS lip and wiper

Return to “Appearance”