my complaint of the week, year every day

Off-Topic Discussions
monty73741
Forum Moderator

my complaint of the week, year every day

Post by monty73741 »

I have this friend, he a installer @ a local shop
I am a realtor, loan officer

so I get a new truck, this one is an automatic, so i call my friend up & ask him how much he will charge me to install a alarm with remote start....

he tells me 350 that what the shop charges.......

I mean if i wanted to take it to a shop i would take it up the damm street, I mean i want to pay the guy but i;m not doing it @ shop prices when he gonna do it in my garage.....i mean that 350 a shop charges, pay for salary, electric, insurance, a building.......I dont want to the guy to do it & lose money but i;m not paying full price.

the funny part is he keeps asked me for an analysis on his parents house, run his credit, run his friends credit, give them advice on houses to buy, or what to do to buy a house all for free....plus he know when he installs the stuff @ my house i will probaly have a cook out & buy about 100 bucks worth of food & drink

so he want me to put out 450 bucks out of my pocket but doesnt want to put any money in my pocket

ahhh needed to vent

jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Some people are just that giving, he should charge you 100 bucks plus food, unless you were really close friends he should do it for a case of beer or a bottle of johnny walker :lol:
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Find a new friend
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:Find a new friend
I second that. Installing an alarm really isn't that hard. It's time consuming, so I can see him wanting compensation, but full price is outragous. I would install an alarm on any one of my close friends cars if they gave me a 6pack and let me borrow some video games.
Nd4SpdSe

Re: my complaint of the week, year every day

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

monty73741 wrote: I mean if i wanted to take it to a shop i would take it up the damm street, I mean i want to pay the guy but i;m not doing it @ shop prices when he gonna do it in my garage.....i mean that 350 a shop charges, pay for salary, electric, insurance, a building.......I dont want to the guy to do it & lose money but i;m not paying full price.

the funny part is he keeps asked me for an analysis on his parents house, run his credit, run his friends credit, give them advice on houses to buy, or what to do to buy a house all for free....plus he know when he installs the stuff @ my house i will probaly have a cook out & buy about 100 bucks worth of food & drink

so he want me to put out 450 bucks out of my pocket but doesnt want to put any money in my pocket
Tell him exactly that!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

i have told him that before in the past, but he considers that i dont do "real" work. the funny thing is i looked around the net & since i have an factory alarm , i have to get an alarm bypass then its just plug & play

jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

monty73741 wrote:i have told him that before in the past, but he considers that i dont do "real" work.
OMG he's ignorant. He doesn't deserve any help from you.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Yea, I have freinds like that too, there usually only out for a buck and the sad thing is I dont think they really know what they are asking and how it effects you, they have no empathy lol
Meep

Post by Meep »

Not really a friend now is he?

My realtor sucks! She sends us listings of houses that we specifically requested not to have (no central H/A, neighborhoods, lot size, etc)... gah maybe he's ran into realtors like that... some of them don't do much work but that's not all around... *shrugs*
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Kick him in the nads. Tell him it's free of charge.
Bochek

Post by Bochek »

lakersfan1 wrote:Kick him in the nads. Tell him it's free of charge.
PWND
Adam Bochek's 93 1.6L SOHC http://www.bochek.ca/car.gif
infiniGTR

Post by infiniGTR »

If I did work for a friend, all Id charge is a case of beer and a fat juicy ribeye!
2003 Subaru WRX

Return to “Off-Topic”