KLZE comes tomorrow! Few last minute questions

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
2.5mazda

KLZE comes tomorrow! Few last minute questions

Post by 2.5mazda »

I was wondering the following:

Can I use my KLDE computer and mass air?

The probe GT clutches will work correct?

Is the probe GT intake manifold better than a straight neck KLZE?

what do you guys usually replace before putting the engine back in?

I am looking into getting a clutchmasters stage 3 clutch and a lightweight flywheel while I am at it, but I cant find anywhere to order one from! :cry: Please help me, I want to get the engine in this weekend!
http://www.streetpsi.net

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Clutch will work. the probe mani is NOT better than the striaght neck ZE..but the striahgt neck does not fit with out special mods...your solution..Mazda millinia curved neck manifold : ) Id change the timing belt , and waterpump and all the belts while its out just to get them nice fresh and new.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

Ok,

I ordered the following tonight:

Clutchmasters stage 3 clutch
9 pound flywheel
poly motor mount inserts

I need to know if I can use that probe V6 9 lb flywheel in my mx-3 V6 tranny. I have heard of others using the MX-3 ones in the probe, so I am assuming I can.?

And, can I run the KLDE computer and mass air with ok results?

What special modification are you speaking of? Will my KLDE work to get me by?
thanks everyone!!

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Ur KLDE will work to ge tya by, i had a DE on mine for a looonnng time..i think u need the K8 Tb on it though..cant remember..either way it works. But really think about getting the Millinia manifold. The striaght neck hits the break booster if i remember correctly. Some people shift the motor mounts to tilt the motor to get it to fit...some cut and reweld the manifold...i think theres one other way too.

If the flywheel is for the probe GT it will fit. same with cltuch.

I dont knwo about ur comp question..i used the K8 ECU and VAF with the DE mani for like 3 years or more.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

Even with the DE intake, did it run harder than a KLDE? What are my chances of getting a curved neck manifold when it comes? Why would you have to run a K8 throttle body?

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

ONe of the TB did not work for me..the trottle cable bracket hit sumthing..i cant even remember...but it was as simple as using the diff TB...or maybe i did nto use the spacer..bah so long ago. IT ran alot harder than a KLDE. well i smoked my friends probe. but the mx is lighter also.

i got my curved of ebay. but i seen them in junkyards where i live.
it will run harder with the striaght neck or the milinina curved.

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

the straight neck ze does work, check out thye other post its tricky but works. it will run BETTER .
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Oh if it works by al means haha , but the striaght neck is minimal diff from the curved neck. But if it fits you should use the striaght all the way.

2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

Sweet, thanks guys. I have a few people comming over from Probetalk to help out saturday. Should be nice once its all done.

one last question, I ordered those mount inserts for the ford klde asuming that the mx-3 ones were the same since the engines use the same mounting locals etc.. I am correct right? The probe ones will work?

If not, where can I get them? (need to order them tonight)
thanks again!

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
mab

Post by mab »

the copumter and mass air flow will work from stock. the straight neck will not fit without mods. u can get by on your stock mani. as far as the clutch goes no idea.

deffinatly do your timing belt water pump and tensioner. just to be safe and it easy when the motors out.
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

mm unless you wanna build up your ZE theres not many other parts that you'd want to replace aside from the above that were mentioned...just look everythign over for wear and replace things if they are warn...fluids should be changed, plugs, air/fuel filter..the kinda things you do when you first get a car.

good luck man, it'll be awsome.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

2.5mazda wrote:Sweet, thanks guys. I have a few people comming over from Probetalk to help out saturday. Should be nice once its all done.

one last question, I ordered those mount inserts for the ford klde asuming that the mx-3 ones were the same since the engines use the same mounting locals etc.. I am correct right? The probe ones will work?

If not, where can I get them? (need to order them tonight)
thanks again!
No they are not the same.

They dont make inserts for the MX-3, just fill them yourself.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

not the same? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The mount in the rear is broken, the rubber part. If I fill it will it be fine? What EXACTLY do I use, and where do I get it?

thanks!

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

when lakersfan did my swap he had me pick up polyurethane at home depot. i forget the brand, but it comes in the same kinda tube as the caulk you use with a gun. it's black in color, you find it in the roofing section. good n cheap 8)

my front mount was busted too -- he sealed it up anyway and so far so good.

btw i dont think the guys are impressing upon you how much hassle it would be to get a straight neck fitted in there. my vote is going with teh millenia
2.5mazda

Post by 2.5mazda »

I have cash in hand, where can I find the milenia?
I need it by tuesday, isnt seeming possible!!

1992 Mazda MX-3 GS ZE

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”