Cam Angle Sensor (aka Disty Crank Angle Sensor)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
tehbrookzorz

Cam Angle Sensor (aka Disty Crank Angle Sensor)

Post by tehbrookzorz »

So... Since I'm getting codes saying my ECU isn't getting sufficient data from my Cam Angle Sensor (fault 3, fault 4), I'm curious if anybody has a diagram displaying the path of the wiring from the disty to the computer.

As far as I can tell, HEI won't do anything for a fault 3 or 4 code, as it doesn't modify the signals given by the sensor, merely replacing the ignition module and coil. Is there any way to effectively duplicate the cam angle sensor signal, or trace the wiring in hopes of finding a short?

Anybody who's had success with this same problem, please reply.
Cody
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

in the faq there is a link the the HEI mod.. it tells you what thye disty wires are for. every one of em.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

Check right at the base of the disty plug. Usually those wires and the wirecovers crack/break it seems and sends low signals and catches interference from the surroundings.
1993 MX-3 GS-SE -> Leather Interior, HEI Mod, Blaster 2 coil, NGK spark wires, Cold Air Intake, Underbody kit, Strut bar, Iridium plugs, Phoenix Gold amp 400w, Bazooka 12" sub-> 62,000 miles and still going ? Amazing lol..

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”