exhaust

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3tuner

exhaust

Post by mx3tuner »

Hey, well Ive developed a small hole in my exhaust, bareable for now, but the loudness is growing. I was wondering if anyone had ever gotten a flowmaster or borla muffler and had it welded onto thier car...and if so, does it have a nice low sound. I either want a deep rumble-y sound or the stock sound of the mx-3....NO ricer sounding exhausts. Let me know what make/kind you guys think i should go with. Thanks
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Yes people have tried those. Use a search under those names and you'll find your answers.

John
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Unless you get a stock style muffler your not going to get the stock sound. usually aftermarket bumpers do have a much lower tone due to oversize tips.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

The mufflers (Barry means) will give a lower tone. I personally like Flowmaster, Magnaflow and REAL Super Traps. They all have a good sound on the MX.

I have a ZE with full exhasut and a Flowmaster 2 chamber and love the way it sounds. I gurgels and pops when I decelerate with my foot keeping the car right inbetween vaccum and power. Has a flowing scream when at WOT and a good tone when noramlly accelerating. I can still hear when cruising at 4000 RPM and it seems to do well against rust. (of course most better aftermarket mufflers will)
Another MOCA member has a Magnaflow muffler that runs the same headers and pipe and sounds good. A bit too loud for me though.
One other member had a stock exhaust, but cheanged the muffler out for a SuperTrap and it sounded awesome. I honestly might buy one of those and try it out on the ZE.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”