How can i free up some HorsePower* on a 93 1.8 GS?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
PatMX3

How can i free up some HorsePower* on a 93 1.8 GS?

Post by PatMX3 »

130HP? thats all?? what can i do?? 77K mileage* wanna ad some POWER , but dont wanna kill it
Boris

Post by Boris »

what kind of price range?

You could start with a cold air intake, headers, cams, cat back exhaust... man the list could fill up this page easily. Just browse the forum for awhile, guarentee you'll get lots of ideas for what to do that way.
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

If you wanna free up hp as you said, slap on an underdrive pulley. The stock one is robbing a couple hp.
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

lighter flywheel can help too...

Just do a engine swap
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
Jay72

Post by Jay72 »

A friend of mine had a 94 Accord that could give almost any car a run off the light. His secret was his lightened flywheel. Everything else was bone stock. Then he got a catback...
Yoda

Post by Yoda »

You could remove the waterpump this will free up about 12-15hp on peak rpms.

Smaller diameter tire and wheel combo will free up a lot of HP even if they weight exactly the same. I've seen on a dyno a 8-15hp loss switching from a set of steel 15"s weight a total of 36lbs to a set of ultra light 17 with the lightest tire weighing a total of 37lbs do to the change in rotational mass.
PatMX3

Post by PatMX3 »

Thanks for the INFO guyz! ill try to do all the modifications** cold air intake, exhaust, underdrive pulley, flywheel.. tanx I'LL update my results!!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”