can i do this or should i get a klze

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mazda(v6)

can i do this or should i get a klze

Post by mazda(v6) »

can i put a 3.0L v6 929 engine in my mazda mx-3? if i can would it be just as easy to install as a 2.5L? The 929 engine has 193 hp and 200 tq and the klze has 200 hp and 160 tq. I can get the 929 engine for free but the klze will cost me a lil, but itll be harder to find parts for the 929 engine then the klze.Im pretty new here and i dont know much about my car i just got it so please help me out!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Klze is your best option.. because you will end up paying more in custom work
Engine mounts and fitting it in,. transmission shift linkage..everything. Save yourself the headache and down time and get a klze.. get the engine free and sell it.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

If you can, you should go for the JE-ZE instead. 205 Hp...forgot the tq.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Or get a klze, put headers , light weight flywheel, stage 3 clutch and it may give the same or a bit more for LESS the money that you would have spent puttinmg a diff engine not fitting there.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
RacerX

Post by RacerX »

True, the KLZE is definently the ideal way to go it seems.
mazda(v6)

Post by mazda(v6) »

sohow much hores power would i get from a kl-ze engine with turbo and a milenina intake manifold
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

well it depends how much boost you go with....keeping stock internals, you're looking at no more than about 6lbs reliably probably.
however you could always redo everything with with more heavy-duty stuff and can increase boost and therefore hp
MX-3 Money
Supporting Member

Post by MX-3 Money »

Spend the money and do the 929 motor! Be the first man!
1993 MX-3 GS 5 spd, KL-ZE swap, kl31 ecu, 110 amp alternator, Unorthodox Underdrive Pulley, SSautocrome headers, High flow cat, Pacesetter high flow cat-back, B&M shortshifter, Clear Sigs/Sides.
mazda(v6)

Post by mazda(v6) »

well im only 15 so ill go wit the klze....i can also get a 2.0L turbo from a 626 would that be a better engine than a klze?
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

- First of all, the 929 is RWD, good luck getting that into a FWD Mx-3.
- Secondly, it's hardly worth getting the 2.0L or 2.2L turbo engines, they are old engines (trust me, i have a'90 626, and parts are getting scarse) and as part of the F-series, which means you'll need to custom and replacing everything to fit it under your hood to get it in, including tranny, mounts and axles, wiring harness, etc.

Although technicalyl anything is possible with time and money, if your only 15, you will not be able to afford the labor to get the work done. In retrospect, a 2.0/2.2L turbo would be easier since it's native front wheel drive instead of trying to get a 929 drivetrain, which is designed for RWD. I have no idea if you even even get a FWD tranny for the 929 engines. IMO, i dont even know why people are suggesting some of these engines. Unless you have unlimited funds, anything other than a Mazda B or K Series is not worth it.

Since you have a v6 Mx-3, you have 2 *drop in* choices, the KLDE and the KLZE. The KLDE is 164hp/160tq, and the KLZE with 198hp/160tq. These are basically pop-out-pop-in swaps like replacing the old motor. Upgrade the clutch to handle the power, and get the right ECU/VAF combo, and your up and runing. If you want more power, there's a turbo kit in production: http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=46771

As alternative, the Mx-3 also had the option to support B-series 4cyl engines, which came in the RS. Because it's B-series-ready, you can convert it over. It'll take some work and some parts, but no custom work necessary. There are 3 common engines, the BP 1.8L which outputs 130hp, but you also have their turbo varients, the BPT GTX @ 180hp and the rare GTR @210hp. The BP is easilly turbo-charged using the BPT components, if you want to do it later. BPT's have been pushed up to 500hp, but 250-350 seems typical. Look around int he 4cyl and Forced Induction forums for more information on these engines and their swap.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mazda(v6)

Post by mazda(v6) »

thanx for the advise... i can get the kl de angine for free and ill eventually buy the kl ze engine...once i get a job...and i have another question... can u take the last gear out of a mx 6 auto matice transmission and sawp it with a mx 3 last gear manul.. for more top end... ro do i have to buy a mx 6 tranny that will be no problem tho i can find one in the junk yard..and i know how to work on cars even tho im im only 15 so dont think im only dreamin lol and i also have ppl that will help me
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

mazda(v6) wrote:well im only 15 so ill go wit the klze....i can also get a 2.0L turbo from a 626 would that be a better engine than a klze?
Is being 15 an excuse for not being able to read all the English on the FAQ?
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

lakersfan1 wrote:
mazda(v6) wrote:well im only 15 so ill go wit the klze....i can also get a 2.0L turbo from a 626 would that be a better engine than a klze?
Is being 15 an excuse for not being able to read all the English on the FAQ?
Haha...good call. Go read the faq, and every other post. If you have a problem search. Do you even have you lisence yet? Read around first, then ask questions.

and welcome
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

mazda(v6) wrote:thanx for the advise... i can get the kl de angine for free and ill eventually buy the kl ze engine...once i get a job...and i have another question... can u take the last gear out of a mx 6 auto matice transmission and sawp it with a mx 3 last gear manul.. for more top end... ro do i have to buy a mx 6 tranny that will be no problem tho i can find one in the junk yard..and i know how to work on cars even tho im im only 15 so dont think im only dreamin lol and i also have ppl that will help me
You could just swap for the Mx-6 tranny. If you do a engine swap, alot of people say that 1st is too short, and it is very short, especially with the power of a KL
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mazda(v6)

Post by mazda(v6) »

ok thanx

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”