Installing Front Strut Bar

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
dtfbrad

Installing Front Strut Bar

Post by dtfbrad »

I just got a new front strut bar for my 93 mx3 and was wondering if anyone could tell me the easiest way to put it on or a website to show me how to do it.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Are you kidding...

Loosen the links in the strut bar.
Unbolt the four nuts on the upper strut perches, place the bar on the bolts run the nuts back down and tighten.
Tighten the links on the strut bar. Not too tight, just a turn past hand tight. Otherwise the strut bar will actually pull the car out of square.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

It should really go over the existing nuts - just buy 8 new nuts from the auto store and bolt it straight on top. The studs are plently long enough. The OEM ones are designed so they MUST go over the top of the existing mounting nuts.
If you undo the existing nuts you'll need to get a wheel alignment, etc as it might go out of line. You'll also be putting stress between the body and the bar mounting plates, not just solely on the struts.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”