B&G suspension

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
Boris

B&G suspension

Post by Boris »

Anyone dealt with B&G springs? I think that those are the ones I'm gonna go with. i wanted Eibach but I can get these at a way better price. I haven't really heard of B&G though so I was wondering if they're any good.

Thanks,
Boris
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

hey i just got a set and im gonna be installing them next weekend so ya i was asking the same question as you about a month ago. i ll let you know what they are like when i have them installed. :D
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
Boris

Post by Boris »

Yeah I'm ordering a set tomorrow... I just wanted to see if anyone had any negative input before I ordered lol
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

they seem like they could be good quality...
95 rs with custom short ram air, b&m short throw shifter, probe 2.0L header with 2 1/4" exhaust all the way back, catco high flow cat, apc high flow muffler with 4.5" tip, accel 8 mm wires, blaze red, cf altezzas, gun metal 17" mr7s, slotted cross drilled rotors on the way with hawk hps pads, red and white interior, other then that its stock.
Boris

Post by Boris »

I hear they're alright. Just bought some tokico shocks so that'll help too :)
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

the B+G springs only lower 1".

If you want really good springs, get the H&R, they are the best money can get. (as long as we are not talking coilovers).

-nope
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Boris

Post by Boris »

they lower 1.6" front and rear according to their site. I would go with H&R but it's not worth the extra $ imo. 1.6" drop is pretty much what I was looking for, too.
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

trust me, it`s worth the extra money.

I actually bought B+G here in Norway (called Lesjøfors, swedish company that owns B+G), and in the papers it said 25mm (less than 1"), and in the book it said 40mm, turns out the book was wrong.
I talked to they guy at the factory that designed them.

Might be a different design in the US, but I wouldnt count on it.

-nope
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
Boris

Post by Boris »

reeeally. Well maybe I'll shop around a bit more then. I didn't get a chance to buy them today, only bought the tokico shocks. Thanks for the input.
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

i heard from another guy hear and he put them on and it dropped 1.8" and it looks like it too so i donno i guess ill just see what happens......
Boris

Post by Boris »

yeah let me know how it works out for ya. I think I'll probably go with the B&G still just cuz of price. Even if it's like 1.4 not 1.6 or something I don't really mind that much.

You should do some before and after measurements maybe?
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

i was going to anyways..... they look good on this other guys mx3 but the only thing is that its in really bad condition. it sits pretty low for the roads we have here so who knows.... im just waiting for my alignment kits and they should be here monday.... and Boris let me guess your getting them from canadian tire for around 284.99 cdn?
Boris

Post by Boris »

Sounds good. You got a link to that other guy's mx3? I'd be curious to see what it looks like.

I didn't get it from C-tire, I got it from my work (national 4wd) cuz I could get it for cost there :)
95 rs

Post by 95 rs »

ahh no he doesnt have a link to it... he doesnt have the internet or anything... i can try to get pics of it if i can find a digital camera. i will probably take before and after pics of my car and i could send them to you if youd like after i got it done?
Boris

Post by Boris »

Oh sorry I thought you said he had his car posted on this site for some reason.

Before and after pics of your car would be awesome, I plan on doing the same for my car. I will be working on my suspension on the weekend of may 11th along with my new clutch and flywheel so if you are doing yours before that, I would be curious to see what it turns out like!

You putting shocks in too? If so what kind did you go with?

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”