Car bogging in first

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mxmaz

Car bogging in first

Post by mxmaz »

Just looking for some reasons to why a car would bog in first after winter storage?
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Oh and there is water spitting out the exhaust to when you rev it up. I wonder is it just condensation in the exhaust that will burn off thats causing it. What do you guys think?
Bucking Bronco

Post by Bucking Bronco »

What did you do prior to storing it & how long has it been?
Addicted to the Speed
92 MX-3 GS K8 - CAI
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Its was parked probably 7-8 months outside. It was started every once in a while. There was fuel stabilizer thrown in there, and thats about it. The car was low on gas when i took it out today so i put about a half tank in but it is still bogging. It only seems to do it in low rpm and then it kicks in.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

WAG - Perhaps contaminants in the fuel filter including water. Condensation in the exhaust would be my guess too, nothing to worry about. If the car sat for long enough, I hope a little creature didn't decide to build a little nest in the airbox.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Dom

Post by Dom »

^^ lol.... might still be running on old gas, or as jschrauwen said--particles in the fuel filter, injectors might be a little dirty
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

She is fine now. Condensation in the exhaust is after burning off and I also found there was water in a couple of the spark plug wells so i just took a can of compressed air to it and dried it up.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”