Shes been dyno'd

A place for the MX-3 Community in Europe to gather.
garfy1981
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Shes been dyno'd

Post by garfy1981 »

Well my little mx-3 KLZE got its first dyno this morning, not as much as i was hoping for but i knew it would be low as it runs the complete 1.8 V6 exhaust system.
The guy said the engine is running richer that Richard Brandson!!, the best way to make a massive amount of bhp is to finish the exhast and get a tunable piggy pack system to tune the air/fuel mixture.
The results at the wheels were; peak 143bhp at 6400rpm and 122ftlb peak at 5400rpm

Heres some pics and a video ( if it works ) the noise it made on testing was mind blowing

link to video
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2B49 ... 9B8AAD.htm
Last edited by garfy1981 on April 26th, 2006, 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
MikeUK
Forum Moderator

Post by MikeUK »

That video sounds great. So when are you getting the rest done, it would be interesting to see the hp differece with each done.

Any idea what the hp from the standrd 1.8 V6 from the wheels?
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

Ive got a dyno chart of a 1.8 and that put down 103bhp at the wheels, so im 40 bhp up already, atleast with the Ze theres more tuning potential to put down even more hp. The figres a little low but atleast it gives me something to work on.
So next step is exhaust and piggy back programable ecu system.
2.5 Ze straight neck, blitz intake, mazdaspeed engine mounts, fidenza flywheel, CM II Clutch, KL-36 ecu, Magnecor 8mm Leads, Battery Relocation. Hotshot headers, 2.5 mandrel bent stainless exhaust, hi-flow cat, Speed hut dials, custom coilover set up. Custom willwood big brake conversion.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

what intake manifold are you using?
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

straight neck manifold, cant remember size of tb. think its 65mm.
and complete standerd 1.8 exhaust manifolds, cat , and backbox.
We can use the straight neck because we are RHD so brake cylinder is on oposite side.
rsroadkilla

Post by rsroadkilla »

looks and sounds breat mate!

Get that zaust sorted and unleash the beast!!!!!

Well impressed :)
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Get some headers and a 2 1/4" or 2 1/2" exhaust and a high flow cat and that should free up a good bit of power. Also, do a compression test to make sure the engine is healthy.

And are you sure that is a klze and not a klde? I cant really tell from the angle of the pic, but that almost looks like a klde intake manifold. Do you have any better pics of the engine?
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

it seems like a healthy engine, i know the guys who installed it said the internals look like new. The company that supplied it guarantee their engines are under 30,000 miles.

Im going to get the uprated headers, loose the cat, install silencer mid way and then back box, all in 2.5 inch stainless. Thats the plan.
Also working on megasquirt system, and maybe get TB bored out to 67mm.
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

Ok that is a klze. I'd still do a compression test though.
Good luck with it.
rasheedn

Post by rasheedn »

i thought i'd reply here too lol

love the project

can't wait till i see it at japfest:)
garfy1981

Post by garfy1981 »

lol pmsl :D cheers mate.

edit for mx-3 guys ive edited video for improved quality.

cheers

Return to “European MX-3 Community”