KLDE turbo kit ebay?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
hgallegos915

KLDE turbo kit ebay?

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmmm is it a direct fit?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-93-9 ... 7886QQrdZ1

I currently have the headers..are the klde headers and these headers the same? hmmm i got some cash to burn and am debating turbo or flywheel...i seem to be able to afford both pipes and the wherel but then what bvout the turbo...
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

"massive crossmember mod" for fitting to an mx3.... that i dont like
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
andy

Post by andy »

I'm not sure why they use the word "massive". I have this kit installled and its the exact same mod that the Probes and the MX-6's have to do.
I did have to shorten my exhaust by 4".
The question of headers being the same came up on the Probetalk board but no one is 100% sure yet.

We have an advantage over the Probe's. In order for them to use these pipes they must relocate there battery, We don't have to.

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

thats awesome!! ill get that kit, my mx3 exhaist is already modded so fir stock de header without cutting..that cross memeber will be a pain.. im just waiting on ur response in the pm to co nfirm its the same or what to do.. i foudn it cheap and i can afford the fodanza at the same time. Im just getting the pipes and start getting parts every paycheck until it is complete. Assuming all i need is t3/t4 turbo from a dsm that already has a blow off valve, oil drain. intercooler.. um better injectors? Im only planning on 5 psi to 7. its a kf .
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

looks like the same set of pipe I purchased at first and these are needed to be modified to fit. Problem I had with mine is that the turbo was hitting the frame, pipes had to be extended, and dp had to be modded mildly.

andy did you had the same problem ?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

so i do have to cut them?? ....
-hec

andy

Post by andy »

The final position of the turbo works for my turbo, t3/t4 to4e. I have about 1/2" for the intake pipe above the frame. I have seen pictures of your turbo and I don't think it would fit. It would hit the frame unless the pipes were modded. So consideration for the size of turbo is needed before using the KLDE pipes. One helpful hint for using these pipes. I left all the mounting points loose for the up pipes, then mounted the turbo, with this method you actually have alot of play as to were the turbo winds up once everything is tightened. This includes the headers.

Cutting the crossmember was actually easy for me, one 4" die grinder and a metal cutting blade. For reattaching the two halfs I simply drilled for screws and bent some 1/4" steel. Its not as pretty as welding but it gets the job done.

It is said that 5 psi is the outer limit for stock injectors on the 2.5L. If you want to be safe you'll need bigger injectors. You also need to consider how much HP you want. That will also dictate how much fuel you will need.

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T

P.S. hooking up the intercooler was harder than hooking up the turbo.
FIMotorMX-3

Post by FIMotorMX-3 »

Andy, do you have pics of your set up? I tried the thread you had going with Rick about the tw motorsport pipes. On there you had a link to Probetalk. For some reason everytime I click that link I cannot access the forum. I am a new member to PT and I might have some sort of restriction I guess. This is a very tempting buy, both the EBay auction, as well as the tw one for 325. I am running a ze but have had some firing issues that aren't very consistent. Sometimes I experience a misfire, and do occassionally have backfiring at vris points resulting in flames out my exhaust. Something is up with my fuel system or timing (Ignition has been dealt with already) and will be tackling those in the very near future. If this kit is fairly easy to install with minimal modification, I may build the fuel system to handle the boost. Mods I can perform are a plus due to financial responsibilities :roll: .
sold it to a friend.93 green MX-3 with ZE swap. KL36 ecu, modified carbon fiber intake from a civic hatch. Centerforce Dual Friction clutch from MX-6. black Konig Minuz wheels, Synthetic fluids, 3 gauge pillar pod with air/fuel, water temp and oil press. Autometer Shiftlight. B&M short shifter. 2.25 piping with a Greddy SP1 muffler, AWR urethane front motormount, pheno spacers, Intrax Springs, Mazdaspeed Sideskirts. The New Ride is a 2003 1.8t a4
check out myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D795345349

my cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2142324 UPDATED!!!! 08/28/06 newest pics
andy

Post by andy »

I can e-mail the pictures to you. They are not on probetalk anymore.
I might need to take some more recent pictures. the old ones were before the intercooler install. PM me your address to keep it private.

Andy P. 93 GS 1.8T

Return to “Forced Induction”