Brakes go squishy after the car sits

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Cy

Brakes go squishy after the car sits

Post by Cy »

Tagged this post to another thread but i think it deserves it's own..
Yes i already searched and read the first 10 pages of the 3877 posts...

Ref: 95 RS 1.6L

hey hey.. so i rebuild my entire suspension from the wheels to the struts including redoing all the brakes and the flex lines and those 2 hardlines on the rear corssmember..

got it all back together and bled all the lines (albeit i don't think in the right order as was mentioned in the FAQ).. but i still used a whole large bottle (not the jug) of vavoline brake fluid...

My Problem is that if i leave the car for a length of time(i dunno how long it's taking) but the brakes go fkat... like on the first stroke it goes to the floor then it tightens up..they're no leask anywhere...

I'm going to bleed the brakes more as it could be air.. but i'm guessing it's the master cylinder (anyone else have this problem)
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

sounds like a very-slight leak in one of the lines or fittings to me.

did you replace any of the lines recently? If so re-check the tightness of the flare fittings or the nut on the caliper

if they are stock lines that haven't ever been replaced just jack up the car after pumping the brakes and pop the wheels off and see where there is fluid leaking.

I had this same problem last week w/my car...one of my stainless lines finally burst & i had almost no pressure in my brakes....turned out being the drivers-front line so i swapped in the stock rubber line.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

bleed it again
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”