EGR code 16 Fix

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions

Have you had issues with mazda parts or service?

yes
83%
no
17%

Total votes: 6

Ateana

EGR code 16 Fix

Post by Ateana »

ok so I kept having power / stall issues. when clutch was in and i was braking / coasting/ turning into a drive through., which can be a real nightmare (no power steering and brake power goes away, so after reading through posts about the EGR and going to mazda (who quoted me $900 to replace it 300 min labour if it could be cleaned) and i decided i could get a new freakin engine for that (im running a naturally asp KLDE 2.5) so i decided its time to play. i tested compression roughly 130 across the board. then i adjusted my idle and tps. regapped cleaned and installed the plugs. I replaced the plug wires. and cleaned my airfilter replaced the VAF ... oh if your in hamilton and need a VAF 35 bucks come and get it. but yeah the problem didnt go away. finally I just unplugged the wiring harness to the egr and presto it is fine. The CEL light is on but thats a small price to pay for not stalling and crashing. Lol mazda said uh we cant tell you what to do because you have a different engine in the car... gee wiz now i thought all K blocks had the same electrical connectors and same basic functions and certainly if you manufacture both engines you would know the characteristics of them well done mazda boys. I hate mazda service and parts jockeys for the reason that they arent exposed to enough performance and custom stuff oh and they charge 90 / hr.

Mazda Part pricing that i have discovered sofar and prices i paid at wreckers.
VAF - $1500 - I paid 35
Distributor - $1200 I paid $40
millenia TB - $1500 - still looking.

that says it all mazda is messed when it comes to parts.
Management is not responsible for lost or stolen virginities.

White 94 Mx-3 BP
Black 93 Mx-3 Kl-De
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

Just a word to the wise. In my experience, all make vehicles dealerships have the worst mechanics!
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

Don't think it's exclusive to Mazda. I do see their point wrt covering their a-- in the liability area. Having a good dialogue and a friendly honest and open approach will garner more help and support. I've always found good support from my local Mazda. They were willing to provide a statutory declaration for my ZE installed engine when it was clean air inspection time. They aren't afraid to do any work that is requested even if it does involve the ZE but it's under an undersatnding/aggreement that there is no liability on there part since it's not a Mazda authorized engine for the MX. A little give and take here.
Onto the problem at hand. Are you running the correct ECU for the DE? Also, I'm not sure why you'd want to source a millennia IM for it since I believe that the port sizes do not match. Would not the K8 IM suffice? What is your configuration as it sits now? IE - IM, TB and VAF/MAF.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”