Amp Problem...Really Wierd

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
143lancemx3

Amp Problem...Really Wierd

Post by 143lancemx3 »

When I turn my deck on, my amp starts to mak thumping sounds(probly the subs). Each thump is probly 3 seconds apart... And the subs cut out every 3 seconds too.. It almost sounds like the amp is turning on and off...And if i turn the music up to probly half the volume the amp will just shutdown and show the red light.. Im sure my ground is rlly good too...

Im using 2 12" baz p.millers

1 Bazooka RSA800.1D RS Series Monoblock 800 watt High Current Amp

and a shitty innovatek deck.

any help would be much apreciated.
`*-~'"92 MX3'"~-*`
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Do a ground check with your ground wire on the amp. This is done with a multi meter. Take one lead to the ground wire connection on the amp and the other to where you have it grounded. Place the second lead on the car not on the wire or the connector or you'll only test the wire itself and not the wires connection to the body of the car. Then turn the tester to OHMs and see what reading you get. The closer to 0 the better and it should be only a fraction (less than 1.0) if it is a decent ground. Less than .10 is a great ground and a short ground wire.
Then check the signal wire to the amp with a 12 volt setting on the meter. One lead to the ground and one lead on the signal wire to the amp. If it is a constant 12 volts then the amp should stay on as long as the radio is on. If not you need to check for the same 12-14 volts on the same wire at the head unit. If it is not getting 12-14 volts there then there is something wrong with the head unit.
Other than that you will likely need a professional to test the amp and head-unit for further problems.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
143lancemx3

Post by 143lancemx3 »

Alrite il check that out soon at the shop..Just gotta wait after my vacation to mexico :P :P hmm i was just thinking...could it be cause i just put my car on a trickle charger and my battery isnt totally charged...lol jw...
`*-~'"92 MX3'"~-*`
gregair13

Post by gregair13 »

check on your deck. mine has a setting for frequency and amp power. maybe a wire is crossed?
boomstick

Post by boomstick »

check all your wires for corrosion
R ace
I nspired
C osmetic
E nhancement
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

i know when u hook up an amp like this that will happen ->

amp ground -> ground
amp +12 -> REM
amp REM -> +12

then the amp might work at low volume - but as soon as power is needed the amp with shut off
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
143lancemx3

Post by 143lancemx3 »

I fixed the problem :twisted: Kinda...

I guess my amp cant handle the 2 subs with dual voice coil :S They work alot better now..but they still cut in and out at a higher volume.. I know that amp can handle the 2 subs cause my buddy had the same setup, just with the lower model amp!

Now what can be the problem? Just the amp settings?
`*-~'"92 MX3'"~-*`

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”