GTR Spoiler

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
mx3chemist

GTR Spoiler

Post by mx3chemist »

I've e-mailed several companies that make this spoiler and only Octane Motor Sports said that their's comes with the necessary hardware to replace the original factory spoiler. Does anyone have any experience with them?
Passing people just because I can in a little ole 1.6 SOHC. When I drop in the BPT this summer.....well, you know. ;)
kmvmx3

Post by kmvmx3 »

I also would like to know cuz I'm thinking about one soon.... Let us know. Thanks.
93 Purple X3 GS SE ... More Mod to come...
mx3chemist

Post by mx3chemist »

I asked several of the companies that sell this spoiler if theirs comes with the nessesary bolts, ect., to mount the wing. Most of them said that theirs didn't come with ANY mounting hardware! :evil: Octane Motorsports e-mailed me back and said, "Our spoiler replaces the factory GS spoiler or garnish, and yes, it does come with all of the OEM hardware to replace the existing spoiler. I would think that was a no-brainer, but if you check-out Corksports MX-3 project, they said that theirs came with no hardware and no instructions!!! They didn't even know whether to mount it on top of the garnish or to remove the garnish and mold it in! That would suck! I know how to work with fiberglass but I've read many articles stating that even the GS spoiler without the proper hardware will fly off the car when you get to about 130mph.
Passing people just because I can in a little ole 1.6 SOHC. When I drop in the BPT this summer.....well, you know. ;)
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

...and when would u be hitting 130mph... legally speaking of course?
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

i think you would have to be driving a constant 130 for over a few seconds for any part to go flying off, and i just dont see that happening in any mx3 :)
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
mx3chemist

Post by mx3chemist »

This makes me wonder what type of mx-3 that YOU have. Mine still has the chumpy 1.6 SOHC and I can smoke most stock Hondas except for the new ones with the VTEC variable valve timing set-up. And 100mph comes up pretty quickly around 5K rev. With the BPT that I'll be dropping in this summer and the after-market ECU I know for a fact that it will completely NAIL the tachometer, so I think you should do your home work. :D
mx3chemist

Post by mx3chemist »

I guess you haven't read the articles about the guy in Canada that's in all the magazines. His BPT puts 450hp to the wheels and he can run 10's in the 1/4 mile. In a ...............ummm..............MX-3.
exdream_mx3

Post by exdream_mx3 »

:roll:
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

um bpt..wiw your sohc reackes 130 and can stay there for a while? :O you must have an awesome engine. My kfze redlines at 7.5 and i usually top at 115, downhill is 130 but well... um i doubt a 1.6 can beat me :) legally of course at the track. Its foolish if you are even trying it on a public street. When you kill a family then you will stop?? I did use to drive like that but what for?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx3chemist

Post by mx3chemist »

Tell you what, I need to go to the store in a few, so I'll take the interstate and jump up to 130mph. When I come back I'll tell you what the rpm was. Just off the top of my head, I know for a fact that I can hit 100 at about 4500rpm. I'm pretty sure 130 is somewhere around 6000, but I'll let you know. ;)
mx3chemist

Post by mx3chemist »

Oh, and I just have to ask......why does everyone keep asking about legalities? The state troopers around here cruise at about 100mph so they're obviously NOT too concerned about the speed limit. :x Or maybe they just think they're ABOVE the law. Hmmmmm. What's good for them is good for me. Enough said. :D
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

check ebay for the GTR spoiler...I have seen them frequently :)
skillz_mx3

gtr wing

Post by skillz_mx3 »

I personally Think the GTR is one of the Best wings for An Mx3
SKILLZZ -MX3

94' Teal Mazda MX3 Precidia GS V6..NEEDS A TRANNY(auto) 240,000kms

95' Mazda mx3 precidia 4 CYL -117,000kms
GregoryChristian
Supporting Member

Post by GregoryChristian »

thanks ... :)
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

GregoryChristian wrote:thanks ... :)
Ditto
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas

Return to “Appearance”