Has anyone considered 2002 miata headlights?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
mx3chemist

Has anyone considered 2002 miata headlights?

Post by mx3chemist »

I've scoped all of the civic halo conversions and there's two things that I don't like: the headlamp housing is not rounded which takes away from the snake-eyes look of the car, and those aftermarket halo housings are PLASTIC!!! This means that UV radiation is going to turn them yellow in due time. Has anyone sized or considered the 2002 miata headlamps, or maybe the PT Cruiser headlamps? They're both the right shape and close to the right size. The civic halos are not even the right shape, much less the right size. Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone else has considered these options. :D
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

they dont turn yellow, they but they are delicate, if someone doesnt like you they can scratch em. But i see the civic projectors lasting a good 2 or 3 years and they are easy to remake once u get the hang of it. :)
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mx3chemist

Post by mx3chemist »

Cool, thanx. I work for Honda so I'm pretty familiar with the grade of plastic on those lights, but most companies have switched to the cheap stuff anyway. I was just looking for something more lasting and appropriate that would give my ride an original look. That mod DOES look good. Please don't take me wrong.
Passing people just because I can in a little ole 1.6 SOHC. When I drop in the BPT this summer.....well, you know. ;)
mx3chemist

Post by mx3chemist »

BTW, I thought those RSX headlights looked hideous, but that's just my opinion. The civic single-halos blow that crap up! Big time! LOL!!! ;) I got a lot of MX-3 bro's that run the single-halo set-up. It's pretty wicked looking when you're rollin in a parkin lot full of people just chillin. If I decide to go with that mod, I'd appreciate your input and advice. Also, it sounds like you're working on some horses under that hood. Good deal!!! I've owned a lot of sports cars and muscle cars but the MX-3 is very unique in the sense that it was only made for about 5 years and you have so many engine options. It's definitely a fun car and I'm going to enjoy making a pocket-rocket out of mine and then just parking it in my garage for occasional Sunday drives just to hear people ask me, "What kind of car is that?"
Passing people just because I can in a little ole 1.6 SOHC. When I drop in the BPT this summer.....well, you know. ;)

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”