The time is comming...

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
bushidosword

The time is comming...

Post by bushidosword »

For a suspension job....

Ive been riding on failing suspension for the whole winter and without the snow cushion I know the time is comming for some work!

I would like to lower it at the same time, about 1.5 in the back and maybe 1-1.25 at the front, what all do i need to do this? I figure im in for struts and springs...so what kinda cost am I looking at?

Thanks! All suggestions are appriciated!

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

I am in the same position you are. Just waiting for summer before I buy all the parts. For (4) new strut mounts, H&R lowering springs, and tokico struts with tax and shipping i figured about $800 bucks. Depending on what brands you go with i think that is about average to do the job right with quality parts.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

well I just got all new mounts for mine because they were cracking!! But I just picked up tokico HP blues from ebay for total +shipping for $340 US and my H&R springs from http://www.tirerack.com for $173us that was with shipping and $50 off because of a gift card.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
neutral
Supporting Member

Post by neutral »

I'm running that susp setup and love it. The $$ (USD) is about right. You might need to add front strut thrust bearings to that list (if not included w/fr. strut mounts) along with replacement strut boots depending on the condition of the old ones. Overall cost would still be ~$800 USD depending on where you buy all the parts.
Image -Jim
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

koni inserts and eibach lowering springs.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
bushidosword

Post by bushidosword »

Ok, so ive been reading and it seems as tho the only affordable struts are the z's but require some moddification....I would like to avoid that if possible. My car is also a year-rounder, so Im wondering if anyone runs close to this in the winter? And i guess coilovers are a possibility but likey too $$ for my budget!

Just trying to figure the bottom line, as well as what i should start collecting...

Also is there a madzaspeed strut that will take dropsprings (and fit our car?)

Post by Vanished »

Yes there are mazdaspeed struts, they were sold out of http://www.corksport.com but I think they're out of stock now, and i have no clue were to get other ones. They run about $220 per strut.

I live in saskatoon canada, and winter is one of the craziest seasons. The snow is monsteriouse, and come spring, the roads are absolutely falling apart. But i'm still getting the ZX2/Eibach setup.

The ZX2's are the most affordable strut, and the best aside from Koni inserts and Mazdaspeed. Koni's take some modification, and mazdaspeed's are expensive, so ZX2 is probably your choice.

The only thing you NEED are the strut bearings for the front, that run you about 30 bucks. Then you might want to think about new strut mounts, boots, and bumpstops depending on the condition of your old ones. The only other modification is either to get new perches, or drill out the old ones because the whole isn't quiite big enough. It's as easy as buying a 22mm drill bit and drilling it out.

I defantly suggest this setup, seeing as this is what i'll have installed, and i've heard some very good things about this combo, and the ZX2 tokico's are made for the eibach springs.

The price for 4 boots, 4 springs, and 2 bearings comes to 700CND shipped to my door. The sprigns were 350, so i'm sure you could save abit by getting them online rather than at a tuner shop.

Good luck man, it'll be sweet
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

bushidosword wrote:My car is also a year-rounder, so Im wondering if anyone runs close to this in the winter?
Talk to Deimos (Ian), he's runing ZX2's and he drives his car year round as well.
bushidosword wrote:And i guess coilovers are a possibility but likey too $$ for my budget!
Coilovers don't like road salt/sand. The adjustment ring can seize up.

IMO, i wouldn't spend the money on MazdaSpeeds and get the ruined from the winter
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
bushidosword

Post by bushidosword »

Wow thanks alot! Thats a ton of info VAnished and everyone else!

The reason im asking bout mazdaspeed is that a buddy of mine gets parts at cost at the mazda dealer so who knows??

cool so now i know what to shop for if they are too expensive!

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”