My strut mounting plate came loose from the strut

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
MOSES

My strut mounting plate came loose from the strut

Post by MOSES »

Im supposing this is dangerous so I need to get it fixed/replaced asap,
is there a way to repair this, its the rubber mounting that fits up in the metel bracket, theres no bolts broken, just the rubber is pulled away from the rest.
I've been so unsatisfied with my car since I joined mx3.com.
Seeing all the body kits, rims and engine swaps makes me want to spend all my student loans on my car.
1992blazeredgs

Post by 1992blazeredgs »

You can buy a new strut mount for like $50 bucks. That is pretty cheap fix. So i wouldnt worry about trying to fix the one you have.

Nate
Looking for another Red GS.
reprobation

Post by reprobation »

I was told that the rubber area around it was more of a piece that just minimized vibration thoughout the strut mount... I believe the rubber piece actually sit on top of the mount and under the area where the strut actually bolts up to the chassis of the car...

I could be wrong.. but.
the same rubber piece your worried about is worn out in my car.. the rubber is not completely torn away.. but it is torn.. I haven't had any problems and i've been rolling around on this for about a year now ..

-Chris
MOSES

Post by MOSES »

well the problem is, when i jacked the car up, the strut assembly (spring, strut and wheel) jsut sat there as the car went up, the plate with the 4 bolts stayed in the strut housing(wheel well) and the rest came done.

confusing? lol lol

when i took the plate of from the car, it had a little bit of that rubber on it and i could fit it back onto the strut, but ofcourse it needs to be made back on to it again.
I've been so unsatisfied with my car since I joined mx3.com.
Seeing all the body kits, rims and engine swaps makes me want to spend all my student loans on my car.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

id replace with solid mounts
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yup yup mine have been like that for 4 monhts, i havent had time to fix it, its an annoyance..the noise :( ill fix it in a few weeks. They are cheap like 50 dllrs from tirerack.com
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

I found the front ones at my local Pep Boys for $35 with the bearing.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

WOW thats cheap o.0 got the part number? i will get one this weekend.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”