Rear Bumper Problem

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MX3driver
BANNED Member

Rear Bumper Problem

Post by MX3driver »

Can't seem to get my rear bumper off to put the aftermarket one on. Don't really know why.. I have removed all visible bolts and screws.. but it seems like there is still something holding it on. Anyone have any idea why it will not come off? anything that helps, thanks!
Craig
Ive been banned for moronic childish behavior.
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

I think there are some behind the tail lights i think anyways. If not there might be clips that its still hocked on the back. if not check the on line manual ont he home page and see there.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
precidian

Post by precidian »

online shop manual on mx-3.com is your best bet. section S-019

your welcome.
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

Pop off the interior panels inside the hatch and you'll see four bolts (two in each corner). The plastic bumper is screwed into the metal bumper, which is bolted to the frame. By undoing the bolts, the metal bumper will come off (along with the plastic bumper). It's a huge pain in the a-- and it took me forever to figure it out.
DoctorP

Post by DoctorP »

Can someone tell me where to find this online shop manual?? I have looked and searched and cannot find it. Thanks for any help. Also the rear bumper as I remember is quite easy to take off. I work in a body shop and have removed them before. The only problem I found was rusty bolts. I did not remove the re bar but just the outer plastic cover. I will look at mine tomorrow to refresh my memory if you like. It is simple.

Scott
Damn cars!!!
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

DoctorP wrote:Can someone tell me where to find this online shop manual?? I have looked and searched and cannot find it. Thanks for any help. Also the rear bumper as I remember is quite easy to take off. I work in a body shop and have removed them before. The only problem I found was rusty bolts. I did not remove the re bar but just the outer plastic cover. I will look at mine tomorrow to refresh my memory if you like. It is simple.

Scott

right off the main page at http://www.mx-3.com
in the column on the left under "technical info"
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”