2006 Mazda lineup.....something is still missing.

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
ManoWar

2006 Mazda lineup.....something is still missing.

Post by ManoWar »

I was actually thinking at one point, that the time has come for me to buy a brand spanking new car, ofcourse keeping it in the family i wanted a mazda. I looked at all the models mazda offered for 2006 (as we aproach the 2007 models) and i noticed something is missing. We have the mazda3 which is like a new 323, the mazda6 wich is like the new 626, the redesigned miata (2004 model loooked much better) the rx8 with its rotary engine, and i wont even continue with the mpv or the trucks that i would never consider buying.

What i wanted from a car
-I am still fairly young and unmaried, so what i really wanted is a 2 door coupe with lots and lots of punch (kinda like a klze mx3) only in todays form. (or even stronger)
-So from all the cars mazda has in the lineup it goes as follows.
Mazda3
Really nice looking car but then again its not really my type, the hatchback is to tall off the ground and the engine is not something race-able (in my opinion)
Mazda6
Nice car but too big and a bit to pricey for my budget (again its not a 2 door coupe rocket that i really wish)
Miata
Now this is an amazing car everything i want in it except 1 thing. I would like if necessary to be able to cram 2 people in the back. From time to time even our mx-3's get filled up with 4 people that sit like tuna in a can, but atleast it gets 4 (max6 i managed) passangers from point A to B.
Rx8
Amazing Car! amazing design 4 seater with just a beautiful touch to it. Its just that in this day and age getting a 240hp machine that eats more gas than bmw's new 4.8L V8 monster, is really not worth it. Especially when you dont know if this engine lasts more that 150k as we all know rotary engines are a pain from this point of view.

In the end my complaint to mazda is this. I think (might be VERY WRONG) that when the mx-3 was developed 15 years ago the car market didn't need a mx-3, thus the low sales. But now i would like to have a 200hp+ door 4seat rocket with around 10l/100km to play around with. Especially when thinking that with the new technology that was developed in 15 years (mainstream 6spd manual transmissions etc...)

Just imagine a totally new redesigned mx-3. With all these updated stuff for around 20,000$ (something totally do able). Look at the celica it sold like hot pancakes.

Or i will go tomorow for an RX8 with mazdaspeed6 engine in it.

I really hope mazda will do something about this. Right now except for the Acura RSX and the :throwup: cobalt, there is no real 2dr (4 seater) coupe out there, (Except ofcourse those "cant touch beasts" that go for 40k or more like the Z etc...)
Balhirath

Post by Balhirath »

well look in the Furture Models forum and look at the Mazda Kabura.. THAT is what you are missing :)

http://www.allcarwallpapers.com/mazda/m ... lpaper.htm
Nd4SpdSe

Re: 2006 Mazda lineup.....something is still missing.

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

ManoWar wrote:I really hope mazda will do something about this. Right now except for the Acura RSX and the :throwup: cobalt, there is no real 2dr (4 seater) coupe out there, (Except ofcourse those "cant touch beasts" that go for 40k or more like the Z etc...)
I totally agree. I was thinking about this several months ago, Mazda hasn't had a 2-door, 4-seater car since the Mx-3/Mx-6 was discontinued. This is an extra reason why the Kabura should be introduced. Sure it's RWD as opposed to FWD as it's predecessors (which is not a bad thing), but the market is there, but for some reason has been largely neglected since the turn of the new millenium.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

PS, the Celica sold like shat and that is why we no longer have the longest running imported Jap car. Toyota tried like hell to boost the sales of the Celica, but jsut didn't ge anywhere with it in the last 10 years.
It was/is a great car with lots of punch and great milage. It will last forever, but the downfall for all that was that it costs an arm and a leg compared to other sport compacts.

I also along the same line of thinking doubt that Mazda can put out a 200HP 2+2 that gets great milage for under 20 or even in the low 20s. I mean with the exception of Chevy, who puts out a crappy car and for cheap and makes the money back on the parts sales, who has such a car? The new Civic SI, but not at anything like 20Gs, the Z is a poor comparison it has almost 300 HP, Sentra R is not cheap but the closest thing I can think of.
I think you ae asking too much and will be disapointed when you cannot find what you want. For what you are looking for get ready to spend at least 30,000.

The Mazda 3 was the replacement for the Protoge, not the 323.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

The Protege was the 323 ;) in other parts of the world.

IF you want a fast car under 20K, Id suggest the Neon SRT. I know its an ugly 4door. But its fast, plenty of room, and very cheap.

A guy down the street from me has an Eclipse with the 420A(a neon motor), 500whp.
ManoWar

Post by ManoWar »

ya maybe i am asking too much at 20 grand. Even 30grand is alright for a car like that. I mean what is the next generation going to have for a tuning car in 10-15 years from now.
Legato626

Post by Legato626 »

My brothers escourt can take WRX's!!! =)
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
Titus

Post by Titus »

I'm not sure if it has been posted here, but Wikipedia (an online encyclopedia) is showing the MX-3 on the Mazda timelineas returning in 2008. I assume that this is the Kabura that Wikipedia is referring to as an MX-3. I am very interested in this car, and it seems to fit all of your needs as well. I have no idea if Wikipedia is guessing by listing it as an MX-3, or if they have good information.
den

Post by den »

By the time the kabura comes out I beleive I have enough money to buy a brand new car. I AM SO EXCITED. :D I will still keep my Mx3 if she's still alive.
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 speed
Reverse glow gauge, Custom CAI, Cross drilled rotors. Toucan front strut tower bar, Custom circular ground wires, Custom exhaust w/ stainless oval dual tip muffler, Custom blue turn indicator lights on gauge panel and switches, performance steering wheel, Pacesetter short shifter
4gotn

Post by 4gotn »

Custommx3 wrote:The Protege was the 323 ;) in other parts of the world.

IF you want a fast car under 20K, Id suggest the Neon SRT. I know its an ugly 4door. But its fast, plenty of room, and very cheap.

A guy down the street from me has an Eclipse with the 420A(a neon motor), 500whp.

if your going to get a neon
get an srt
then take the magnum head off of one of the junked srts (special opp so it wont be easy) and just build from there
itll probly be complicated being as the magnum head was ment for n/a and the srt comes turbocharged
but im sure you can do a little retrofitting and customizing to make and all arround good block that can handle the compression
1994 MX-3 1.6L B6DE 16v DOHC - rear disc swap, nix power steering/ac, Corksport f&r strut tower bars, Pedders urethane control arm bushings, urethane motor mounts, steel braided brake lines, painted dash, protege tranny
90 Miata w/ b6, Konig Lightspeed rims, Cams (boost to come soon)
74 Porsche 914 w/ 1.8L - restoration prooject

Bolverk

Re: 2006 Mazda lineup.....something is still missing.

Post by Bolverk »

ManoWar wrote:Except ofcourse those "cant touch beasts" that go for 40k or more like the Z etc...
The 350Z might have higher numbers on paper, but around a track, a RX-8 is just as fast. And the RX-8 is more practical, cheaper, and built better.

Also, I was reading that the Kabura might be given the MX-3 name if it has the 2.0l MX-5 engine with 170hp, but if it comes with a rotary, it will be RX-3. Dont remember the name of the magazine.
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS KLZE
neumann

the missing link

Post by neumann »

The market for sports coupes has always been a mix of:
driving enthusiasts, and
people who want an image statement of sportiness, perhaps as part of a mid life crisis.

Or in my case, both.

The mid 90s not only saw the death of the MX-3 but the entire market saw the shift to the sport ute in away that spanned genres. The driver who would have driven a mustang or celica suddenly started driving a Pathfinder or a RAV4. It looked fpor a while that the Integra was hte last of a breed.

The market has turned sowewhat, and our choices are better, but yes, for the love of god give us a sub 100 inch wheelbase, under 2800 pound, large 4 or small 6 engine, 4 passenger HARDTOP for reasaonable money and we will buy it.
My Summer car is a Porsche.
My Winter car is a 1994 Mazda MX-3 GS. 1.8L V6, K&N intake, Pacesetter Short Shift, Corksports SS Clutch line, Suspension Techniques lowered, Toyo Garit HTs for Winter Grip.
Thunderstorm

Post by Thunderstorm »

:D

Kabura! :mrgreen:

MAZDA...!! We are ALL waiting for the KABURA, bring it on!!

:P

Thunderstorm
1998 MX-3 RS 1.6i DOHC "Blackbird". Totally Stock.

The 21st Century is a con; where is my Hovercar?!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058708
Caymen

Post by Caymen »

Yes, Mazda needs more two door cars.

Tom

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”