VRIS number 2

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

VRIS number 2

Post by hgallegos915 »

Hmm you know what i found out I had a leak in the intake oipe after the vaf, after fixing it i fixed my idle and adjusted... Now when im flooring it i can FEEL vris number one opening but can not FEEL vris numebr 3, i parked reved the engine with my hand in the tb and second vris does open. I dont feel the pul anymore... what the hell? this is normal? I cant get codes cuzz its a kf01 ecu. Disty is set to the middle, i eliminated ALL leaks, i had alot of vacuum leaks and i coud feel the pull in 5k rpms, is it normal not to feel the pull?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Id assume u pulled the KF codes the same as a KLZE ecu.

then again, try at your own risk...
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

your not going to feel vris 2 open up as you felt the intial KICK of the 1st one, which is where you get the big boost from, the 2nd vris should come nice and smooth.
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

i canr even feel it at all, i was playing with the idlescrew and set it a bit higher and i did feel the first vris a bit not that much, before i used to feel a kick out of both, i had vacuum leaks (around 3) maybe its just me.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I think a passage may be blocked or something, ill remove the im on the weekend and clean it up. It started to happen right after i sprayed some intake cleaner.
-hec

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hmmmmm i think its my clutch and its goin faaaast hmm SOMETIMES i can feel vris number 1 then sometimes the rps will rice at the time when vris opens (3k) until 4 and it will gain minimal speed, its hard to keep it over 100 mph because it seems to rev weird.. ive had the clutch since february of last year , exedy stage 1.. i think its fidenza and stage 2 time....
-hec

Mr.mx-3

Post by Mr.mx-3 »

Come to think of it I dunno if you can really feel the vris in the k8 but come to think of it I don't really get a kick outta mine eiter hell it'll barraly spin a tire.and gotta rev it to bout 4000 to 4500 and dump the clutch to get it to do it now. Any suggestions??
GS-ZE,fidanza fly/ 6 puck ceramic clutch,pacesetter headers/exhaust, AWR 88duro motormounts, P.R.M jetstream CAI,KYB GR-2 struts, KL31 ECU,JE-50VAF,110A Mellenia alt. S.S Corksport Clutch line.
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Well its gotta be the clutch, already checked all my vacuums and sensors, i even took out manifold and cleaned it, at 3k rps it rises rapidly to 4 and i feel no power gain, same at 5. It defenetly is slipping, I am not able to spin out like before. Even the k8 you can feel the kick, i think its slipping for u also. A week ago with my engine i could feel vris 1 and 2 strong. Thats what was helping me alot at the drags.
-hec

TXMXBROS

Post by TXMXBROS »

im new to the k8, got my new car in december, my old mx-3 bp got t-boned...=( but neways, whenever the VRIS on my mx kicks in its like a spooled up turbo is just instantly let go on my motor, i love it! been a long time since 135mph as attainable too. and as for spinning the tires, i'm having a hard time not... but that's me, my car might be a fluke too, it only has open exhaust.... dont tell anyone and a CAI
No! it's not a Honda!!

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”