Might be parting out MX-3, need some prices first

Do you have an MX-3 related item for sale? Post a quick note here.
Alt-Tab

Might be parting out MX-3, need some prices first

Post by Alt-Tab »

Hey guys, as many of you all know, I was in a wreck Monday 8/8/01 and more than likely totalled the MX-3. (pictures at <A HREF="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Alt-Tab" TARGET=_blank>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Alt-Tab</A> in the files or photos section)<P>I haven't heard word from the insurance company whether the car will be totalled or not, but I'm 99.99% sure it will be.<P>A couple things I need to look at before I decide to part out the car:<P>* How much it will cost to tow the car 140 miles to my home town (Owensboro, KY, USA)<P>* How much it will cost to rent a CHEAP storage building (per month). I will probably have to keep the MX in there over the winter, and sell parts off it next summer.<P>* How much it will cost me to buy the car back from the insurance company.<P>If anybody has any estimates on these costs, please let me know. I'll post again in the For Sale forum once I decide what I'm doing with the car. (1992 GS Blaze Red, 135k miles, great shape.)
Taylor<P>1995 Chevy C1500 Dark Blue<BR>* 305 (5.0L V8)<BR>* Hypertech Performance chip<BR>* Dynomax dual exhaust<P>SOLD: 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport - Flame Red<BR>* 3.9L V6 - 175 hp<BR>* Flowmaster dual exhaust<P>I Miss my MX-3:<BR>1992 MX-3 GS Blaze Red
chugalug1016

Re: Might be parting out MX-3, need some prices first

Post by chugalug1016 »

is your pass. side headlight still in one piece?
Bbqman218

Post by Bbqman218 »

I dont think you will get what you pay to have it towed to your house and for storage back from parting it out over the internet or in the newspaper. It cost me $80 to tow mine 16 miles. and a storage building is maybe $40 a month and if you trust the peoiple who own the lot. Its best "I think" to just leave it at the place its at now and call a salvage yard to come pick it up. Dont get shocked but they may only offer you like $300 for your car.
Justin Evans

Post by Justin Evans »

At the end of your last thread you said that the insurance company took your car and it was totaled?? What's up? Are you going to be able to part it out or are they keeping it?? :eek:
Quartermaster92Y@hotmail.com
***DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!***
Alt-Tab

Post by Alt-Tab »

Insurance company kept the car. In order for me to have kept it, I would have had to pay $1000 for the car, about a $300 tow&storage bill, and another tow bill to get it to my hometown 140 miles away.<P>I've got a few parts left over, but I'm not selling anything right now, I just don't have time to fool with it. When I decide to sell, I'll post a list of parts and prices. Nothing big and fancy though.<P>Sorry.
Taylor<P>1995 Chevy C1500 Dark Blue<BR>* 305 (5.0L V8)<BR>* Hypertech Performance chip<BR>* Dynomax dual exhaust<P>SOLD: 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport - Flame Red<BR>* 3.9L V6 - 175 hp<BR>* Flowmaster dual exhaust<P>I Miss my MX-3:<BR>1992 MX-3 GS Blaze Red

Post by Guest »

IF YOU HAVE AAA "GOLD" MEMBERSHIP THEN THE FIRST 100MILES TOWING IS FREE (I AM NOT TOO<BR>SURE ABOUT THE FREE MILES BUT THERE SURE<BR>IS FREE TOWING UP TO A CERTAIN MILES) IF <BR>YOU DON'T HAVE ONE BORROW IT FROM A FRIEND<BR>(AND MAKE SURE YOUR FRIEND THAT OWNS THE<BR>CARD IS THERE; JUST IN CASE THEY ASK FOR<BR>VERIFCATION) :D<p>[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: chun howe sim ]
Alt-Tab

Post by Alt-Tab »

CAR IS GONE.<BR>I don't have AAA, don't have a friend with AAA either. It would have cost me about $1500 to keep it after you figure in all costs. I couldn't get that much out of parts.

Return to “MX-3 Related Items For Sale/Trade”