what's the problem??

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
monkey

what's the problem??

Post by monkey »

I Have a 93 mx3 with a recently installed KLZE and kl31 ecu..The car was running alright it just didn't seem to have a lot of power, I traced that back and i had the plug wires reversed so I switched the two that were wrong and took it for a drive and it ran better but The VRIS wasn't working, found a broken vac line so I fixed that and took the car out again and it pulled like mad , ran great until the car warmed up and then it started to die. I barley mad it home, I let the car cool down and tried to start it again and it starts but barley idles and when I give it gas it spits and sputters I can't figure out whats going on...Any ideas?
93 MX3, KLZE with cold air intake, stage 2 clutch, coil over, and ssautochrome headers.
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

barely idles,
check tps sensor? check idle screw on throttle body, check intake for leaks past the vaf.

rough idle can also be fuel delivery, spark and timing.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

My guess is timing. I'd also check the TPS and for more vaccum leaks.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
precidian

Post by precidian »

Also, are all the lines and intake properly tightend up?? Possibility of an issue there.
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
monkey

Post by monkey »

thanks for the tips guys, I will check these things out and with any luck I'll be ready to rock!!
93 MX3, KLZE with cold air intake, stage 2 clutch, coil over, and ssautochrome headers.
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

With my experience with my ZE, I would suggest you check the idle screw on the TB first. Just turn it all the way down and then turn it out 2.5 turns and start the car. Then adjust it in 1/4 turns + or - depending on the results and find a good running position. Fine tune it to idle at anywhere between 7 and 800 rpms. When this is done, turn the car off. Then re-start and idle the car until hot normal running temp. Turn the car off and unplug and battery and hold the brake pedle down for 30 seconds and then let sit for 5-10 minutes. Then re-connect the battery and start the car but don't touch the accel. Run for 5 minutes at idle and then shut the car off. Then re-start and the cars ECU should be re-programmed and this should resolve your issues. If not, then consider the tps adjustment. If after the ECU is re-programmed the car works fine, then just hit the eccell quickly up to 5000rpms and let go quickly and observe the rpm drop. If it slows at 1000-1200 and then drops down to the 7-800 possition, you will have to adjust your TPS. Hope this helps and all is good. Otherwise post and we all should be able to help you through this. ZE swaps are reknown for there complications in most cases but it sounds like you have started the swap right by putting the right ECU and "MOTOR" hehe. But which VAF do you have and did you change the TB? If after you adjust the car and reset the ECU it starts to idle high again, just re-adjust the idle again and reset the ecu again. I have had to do this a couple times before until I get it just right!
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”