What Turbo/Mani Setup Do You Have?

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
Cy

What Turbo/Mani Setup Do You Have?

Post by Cy »

I've read alot of the relavent posts talking about what people have for a turbo and manifold.. Still it'd be nice to have it consolidated..

Maybe this could get Sticky'd..

Questions being:

-What turbo are you using and what vehicle may it have come on stock.
-What Manifold do you have it matched to and what vehicle may it have come on stock.
-What FWHP are you getting @ what boost

and

Maybe something on how you like your setup.. lagg, overall performance, quality..

Please keep disscussion to a minimum
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

I'm guessing this thread is for 4 cyl. applications ?
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
facko

Post by facko »

not trying to jump on ya, but there is a post full of everyones turbo setups where the turbo and mani combo is posted in just about everyone of em. youll probably have more success looking through there and asking people who have setups that you are interested in
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

I have a VJ20/VF10 Hybrid with the stock BP26 GTX exhaust manifold that come son BPTs. With 12psi running 10.5:1 and lower AFR's I made 212whp.
Cy

Post by Cy »

facko wrote:not trying to jump on ya, but there is a post full of everyones turbo setups where the turbo and mani combo is posted in just about everyone of em. youll probably have more success looking through there and asking people who have setups that you are interested in
I'm Specifically interested in those people who have the stock 1994 DOHC 4cyl... And have turbo'd it.

Apparently this isn't done very often despite the fact that it can be...

The B6D as I believe it tobe. It is effectively the same engine as the b6t minus the turbo manifold..

My plan is to make a plate to adapt the output from the stock exhaust manifold which connects to the primary Cat and then the downpipe..The Adapter will connect the manifold to a T3 turbo..

If i can find a turbo manifold it will save me some time and probably have better performance over the stock manifold
facko

Post by facko »

you can get a turbo manifold offa a b6t, they sell them on corksport or you can check on ebay. i got mine for only 40 bucks + shipping
BP swap -- Pacesetter Header -- Custom CAI -- Custom 2.5 Exhaust w/ a Thrush Glasspack and 40 Series Flowmaster -- SPEC Stage 2 Clutch Kit
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Stock b6t exhaust manifold Ported
vj14/vj17 hybrid
Exhausting thru corksport powerseries downpipe
All mounted to a 94 rs head and a 91 capri xr2 block.

Will let you know the driving impressions soon.
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
TEAMpK

Post by TEAMpK »

Cy wrote:
facko wrote:not trying to jump on ya, but there is a post full of everyones turbo setups where the turbo and mani combo is posted in just about everyone of em. youll probably have more success looking through there and asking people who have setups that you are interested in
I'm Specifically interested in those people who have the stock 1994 DOHC 4cyl... And have turbo'd it.

The B6D as I believe it tobe. It is effectively the same engine as the b6t minus the turbo manifold..

My plan is to make a plate to adapt the output from the stock exhaust manifold which connects to the primary Cat and then the downpipe..The Adapter will connect the manifold to a T3 turbo..

If i can find a turbo manifold it will save me some time and probably have better performance over the stock manifold

I did it. Blew up the motor. I wish I had just done the B6T from the beginning. It's what I have now and I liek it much better. I was running an IHI-VJ11 of an older Probe and the B6T mani from Corksport.
Tim - http://www.TEAMpK.net (formerly known as pkmx-3)
94 MX-3 RS JDM B6T
Cy

Post by Cy »

TEAMpK wrote: I did it. Blew up the motor. I wish I had just done the B6T from the beginning. It's what I have now and I liek it much better. I was running an IHI-VJ11 of an older Probe and the B6T mani from Corksport.
how much boost?
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

TEAMpK wrote:
Cy wrote:

I did it. Blew up the motor. I wish I had just done the B6T from the beginning. It's what I have now and I liek it much better. I was running an IHI-VJ11 of an older Probe and the B6T mani from Corksport.
I blew up my first BP, but thats cause I wanted too :roll:

Might as well use the engine if it is already in the car :)

Return to “Forced Induction”